New York-New York City

Make-up Artists

Can anyone recommend a make-up artist in New York City/Brooklyn area?

Re: Make-up Artists

• edited December 2011
    If you happen to get a name or two, please pass along.  I, too, am looking for someone (along with a hair stylist) to come to my Bklyn apt the day of.

slbrizard at yahoo - thanks.
  • edited December 2011
    I'll be using Tricia from Ten Hair and Makeup!  Pics of my trial on my blog.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • MrsKocalMrsKocal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Tricia as well.  Love her!!!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker imageimage
  • edited December 2011
    I definitely rec Christopher Quinto!  He will travel anywhere in the tri-state, and he is talented and affordable!  I booked him, and so did 2 friends of mine.  Here's his email:

Christophquinto@gmail.com

He's awesome!Kiss
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-new-york-city_up-artists?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:114Discussion:77608755-fe23-42a4-879f-9bd64b3e7ad0Post:67eaed61-295d-4673-a188-bc32d1291dad">Re: Make-up Artists</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'll be using Tricia from Ten Hair and Makeup!  Pics of my trial on my blog.
    Posted by ThePinkSuperhero[/QUOTE]

<div>hey pink superhero - i can't find the pics on your blog.... though they're probably right in front of my face!  hah.  can you let me know where to find them?  i was looking at your weddingbycolor blog and didn't see them there.  thanks so much!</div>
    Visit The Knot!
  • emeraldlover1emeraldlover1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Stacy Pitt for hair and Dorothy Carlton from pretty bird bridal.  Both travel.  Pics of my wedding can be found on Angelica Glass's blog on Sept. 21st posting. 

Both my hair and makeup were amazing!!!
  • alisonzalisonz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just used Jackie Schneider for my engagement shoot a couple weeks ago. She's great and she's in Brooklyn!

http://jackieschneiderbeauty.com

alison + irene | 10-10-10 | Studio 450

My Big Fat Gay Wedding

Pro Photos
  • edited December 2011
    I'll check out Jackie; I think going local (though having to take the subway shouldn't be a big deal), makes a difference in areas such as hair, make-up, etc. that I prefer to go that route. 
    Also, it's just a bit tiring to get the same recommendations; I'd like to give my business to others and develop more options out there.  Thanks for the info.
  • alisonzalisonz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yay! tell her alison sent you :)

alison + irene | 10-10-10 | Studio 450

My Big Fat Gay Wedding

Pro Photos
  • ijw4ijw4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'm using Tanya Rae- very natural & classic makeup@tanyarae.com
This discussion has been closed.