Connecticut
Options

Rehearsal Dinner- preselect menu or order own food?

So our rehearsal dinner is at First and last tavern and we have the option of preselecting a menu to be either served family style, have the guests have like 4 menu options to choose from or just order off of the regular menu.. We are paying for it ourselves and would like to keep the cost at a somewhat of a reasonable level and will be having around 20 people.. So what would you ladies suggest or do?
imageAnniversary Vacation

Re: Rehearsal Dinner- preselect menu or order own food?

• Options
    rswan412rswan412 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I vote family style! I think then, you can control the cost the most. Plus family style is a very casual, relaxed and I think perfect for a rehersal dinner. Just make sure you serve generally liked things, and make sure to have some sort of pasta dish for vegetarians. I would vote pre-select the menu as my second choice, still you have some control over the cost!
  • Options
    klm03013klm03013 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    To be honest, I am not a fan of family style except for very informal occasions. I do think that ordering what they want can not only get pricey, but it can make things take a lot longer. That's why I voted to pre-select some choices.
  • Options
    Vikki2payVikki2pay member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We picked 4 items off the menu and I made my own menu for the RD, it matched the invites and favors I did.
  • Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I say go for the family style!!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Family Style!!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    cgbabe229cgbabe229 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Family style for sure! I think that although it is not as formal, do you need it to be? These are your closest friends and family that will be at your RD so why not make them feel comfortable and be able to just relax and have fun rather than making it so stuffy and so formal.  Your wedding will most likely be more formal so leave to the big day and relax the night before :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did family style for our's and took our friends' and families' tastes in mind when preselecting the meal.  Everyone loved it AND it saved us some money!!
  • Options
    Melissa603Melissa603 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely limit choices in some way. Either by serving family style or preprinting your own menu.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards