Not Engaged Yet

Tuesday Workout

I ended up not doing the run yesterday, but did abs instead. My hips hurt too much and I let that excuse get to me.

Today I've got Insanity and a run. I'm going to do Insanity on my lunch and use my other two breaks to clean my apartment because it needs it!

What's everyone else doing?
-Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Tuesday Workout

• Tonight will be 30DS: L1D2.  I still can't believe I did all of D1 & only stopped during pushups.  I'm surprisingly not sore today too.  I think those few days of the Pinterest workout prepared me for this!   

• I joined a gym (ironically, called BSC) yesterday.  Today will be my first day!  That counts, right?
  • I just did the fit test for Insanity. Off to take my 'fit test 2' pictures so I'll be back with pics and results!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• I'm working from home today, so I'm planning on doing a dvd later today. Well unless the contractor is still here cause that'd just be weird. I have curling tonight and I played so badly last week because I was a bit stiff from my weekend workouts, so I don't want to get myself in the same situation for tonight.
  • Shoes: Totally!  We have a NYSC right by my office & they're offering the $30 for a 30-day trial.  I considered trying it out but I seriously do not know what to do at the gym.  Get on the treadmill?  The elliptical?  I still have no idea what I'm doing though.  I need a tour guide or something.  I didn't join because I'm scared to go alone LOL 

Tiger: Woo! Can't wait to see/hear how you've been doing!

• I did a Killer Cardio class at my gym and tonight is PowerPlate & Kenesis. I made a pact with a couple gals last night to go tonight...so no skipping!

Shoes: First day TOTALLY counts!
  • Ok, here they are. I can see little changes, but not big ones. Keep in mind it took me a month and four days to do two weeks (12 workouts). I definitely need to step it up a notch in the coming weeks!

First, the numbers (week 1 in parenthesis):
    Switch kicks: 109 (109)
    Power jacks: 49 (42)
    Power knees: 104 (91)
    Power jumps: 35 (27)
    Globe jumps: 10 (8)
    Suicide jumps: 16 (10)
    Push-up jacks: 24 (21)
    Low plank oblique: 71 (54)

Now, pictures. The black bra is before, the green bra is today.

• Wow Tiger & can definitely see a difference, you're toned EVERYWHERE! Your arms & abs look amazing! 

• Tiger - you're simply awesome! I can see a diference in your arms, shoulders and your lower back. Keep up the good work lady!
  • Holy cow, Tiger! You look awesome!! You can really see where you've toned up! Everywhere!! lol. You look great!

It looks like everyone else is doing well too, either with starting a routine or continuing one! : ) I'm so happy for everyone!
    -Ely

• Way to go Tiger! You look amazing!
  • Thanks everyone. Sorry I semi-threadjacked. The funny thing is in the month I've been doing this, I've gained 3 lbs... 

Ely - which Insanity workout do you have today? I'm running tonight, too. It will be the first time I've tried to do two workouts in one day w/ one of them being Insane!

rdr - Well done on the workout last night. Isn't it great to be able to feel the results??

Liv - I wish I had a workout buddy. FI and I were talking last night about how much easier it is to run when you have someone that runs the same pace as you do.

• today, I plan to do a 30 minute walk/jog at lunch and then a DVD at home while dinner is cooking.  not sure what DVD yet.  H and I are going to Target to see what else they've got, so I can have a little more variety.

I am down 0.4 from what I was yesterday, so hopefully I stay on that trend!
  • 2 things:  1)  Tiger, I hope I look like you when I'm 30.  2)  Liv, the BSC I go to is in downtown Boston, LITERALLY next door to my office.  I figure I can't NOT go when I walk past it twice a day.
  • motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited January 2012
    Tiger gurl you  got some GUNS!  Hahaha.... looking hawt.

I had a massive headache so I went home and laid in bed, no yoga for me.  But I am determined to do core synergetics tonight.  I WILL do this!  Motivated by Tiger's progress.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tuesday-workout-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:9ed17568-732a-46cd-a622-5a38175d6586Post:aa3d091c-e3ba-4819-9422-e04da9be7c1a">Re: Tuesday Workout</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks everyone. Sorry I semi-threadjacked. The funny thing is in the month I've been doing this, I've gained 3 lbs...  Ely - which Insanity workout do you have today? I'm running tonight, too. It will be the first time I've tried to do two workouts in one day w/ one of them being Insane! rdr - Well done on the workout last night. Isn't it great to be able to feel the results?? Liv - I wish I had a workout buddy. FI and I were talking last night about how much easier it is to run when you have someone that runs the same pace as you do.
    Posted by cu97tiger[/QUOTE]

I also would love to look like you in my 30s and I would love to look like you right now! lol

Today I did the Cardio Power & Resistance. I've been doing the first phase dvds since I do them on my lunch break and only have half an hour. I do the warm up (which burned about 75 calories in 10 min. btw) and skip the stretch and jump into the workout. So I can usually finish most of the dvds with little down time. I burned 233 calories total according to my HRM.
    -Ely

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tuesday-workout-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:9ed17568-732a-46cd-a622-5a38175d6586Post:130058a3-fe9e-41ac-a296-f2416f155128">Re: Tuesday Workout</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tiger gurl you  got some GUNS!  Hahaha.... looking hawt. I had a massive headache so I went home and laid in bed, no yoga for me.  But I am determined to do core synergetics tonight.  I WILL do this!  Motivated by Tiger's progress.
    Posted by motoLyn[/QUOTE]

Good luck! I hope you feel better! Core synergistics is definitely not fun with a headache. You can do it though and then we can all look like Tiger! : )
    -Ely

• I got up and went to 'Rock Bottom" at the gym today, it's a lower body class and it was fun! I'm already sore. 

And good news, I lied on thintopia! I weighed myself on a cheap not so good one at a friends house, but when I weighed myself at the gym today on the good one I used to get my original weight I was down to 142.5 from 145 instead of the 144 I thought I was! My day is made!
  • Buggle: You can do it!!! Come back and update us when you've done it! : )

Quilt: Good job on the loss! Unfortunately my scale is higher than the doctor or my mom's scale by about 4 or 5 pounds, lol, but that's what I started on, so that's what I'll finish on.
    -Ely

• I did the eliptical machine at the gym last night for an hour..I was totally bummed my spin class was full 30 mins before class WTFBBQ!  I did burn 700 calories so I got something out of it besides a numb foot.

This morning I over slept and didn't get to walk like I wanted and I have a dentist appointment after work so I'll do something when I get home from that.

Tiger - I think I might have to buy Insanity now...I've worked so hard on my arms but I need something intense for them to look like yours LOL

• leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited January 2012
    Damn, Tiger! Impressive!

I had ballet last night and was going to get up early to find some sort of On-Demand workout this morning, but I was exhausted and snoozed instead. I'm still tired.

I will try to do something when I get home. And also do some situps on the exercise ball in my office. In fact, I'll do that right now!

ETA: I did 20 slow-ish situps on the ball. I find going down slowly to be more difficult than coming up. Then I did 20 demi-plie into releve, because I need stronger calves for dance. I find that works the quads and calves.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tuesday-workout-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:9ed17568-732a-46cd-a622-5a38175d6586Post:091f9af1-aae5-4e94-9635-02808ce5036f">Re: Tuesday Workout</a>:
    [QUOTE]Damn, Tiger! Impressive! I had ballet last night and was going to get up early to find some sort of On-Demand workout this morning, but I was exhausted and snoozed instead. I'm still tired. I will try to do something when I get home. And also do some situps on the exercise ball in my office. In fact, I'll do that right now! ETA: I did 20 slow-ish situps on the ball. I find going down slowly to be more difficult than coming up. Then I did 20 demi-plie into releve, because I need stronger calves for dance. I find that works the quads and calves.
    Posted by leia1979[/QUOTE]

I just found out there are workouts on Hulu, but I haven't checked any of them yet to see what they're like. Good job on the stability ball situps! I have no idea what kind of move you said to work your legs, but good job there too! : )

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tuesday-workout-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:9ed17568-732a-46cd-a622-5a38175d6586Post:446a8238-f551-407f-b7f5-0e6852449134">Re: Tuesday Workout</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I pulled a muscle in my ass doing yoga yesterday.</strong>..ouch.  But the 1.5 pound weight loss since last week is rather motivating, so I'll probably do one of my Denise Austin DVDs tonight (with her voice turned off, of course).
    Posted by laurenb09[/QUOTE]

For some reason this just seemed really funny, lol. I can definitely see how it might happen though. Yoga is harder than I ever thought it'd be! Also good choice to tune out Denise! lol

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tuesday-workout-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:9ed17568-732a-46cd-a622-5a38175d6586Post:b76b8148-0121-4ea4-b394-60aa0fb94389">Re: Tuesday Workout</a>:
    [QUOTE]I did the eliptical machine at the gym last night for an hour..I was totally bummed my spin class was full 30 mins before class WTFBBQ!  I did burn 700 calories so I got something out of it besides a numb foot. This morning I over slept and didn't get to walk like I wanted and I have a dentist appointment after work so I'll do something when I get home from that. Tiger - I think I might have to buy Insanity now...I've worked so hard on my arms but I need something intense for them to look like yours LOL
    Posted by doubleSS07[/QUOTE]

Good job on the eliptical! I definitely recommend Insanity too! I doubt I'll ever have toned arms, I've done too much damage, but I still get the muscle underneath everything with Insanity! : )
    -Ely

• No workout for me today :( I sat at work for an extra 40 minutes waiting to be called on my review only for my boss not to get to me today. And now I'm headed to the Devils game. Day 2 has to wait for tomorrow.

• wow tiger that is awesome.  I did a small abs workout off to rehearsal soon.

Anniversary

• I'm going to the gym for the first time since like November. booo gyms boooooo
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tuesday-workout-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:9ed17568-732a-46cd-a622-5a38175d6586Post:a1a7f3b8-3aff-42d4-afe9-6340d3b26727">Re: Tuesday Workout</a>:
    [QUOTE]OK, I got my butt off the desk chair and went to yoga! Power Yoga and Vinyasa are my favorite classes, but it was plain old hot yoga tonight. It's nice to do the easier class once in awhile though. <strong>My major hurdle tonight was having to see myself in the mirror for an hour. </strong>The only thing I could focus on was the blob of fat around my belly button - which was being showcased in my tank top in the most unflattering way possible. Nothing to make a workout suck more than obsessing about your flaws the entire time :( At least that I can get rid of, hopefully, unlike the disproportionally large boobs. I think I need to invest in more black workout gear. Le sigh.
    Posted by buggle2[/QUOTE]

That would be distracting for me too. I always dress for whatever I'm doing though. Even if it's just me. I don't want to see my flab any more than I want other people to, lol. So if I know I'm going to be upside down a lot of the time, I wear a tight tank or tuck one into my pants with a looser one on top of it.
    -Ely

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards