Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Looking for a hall/room where we can bring our own food.

Fiance's mom is a great cook and she wants to handle the rehearsal dinner, but she lives in a different city than our venue. Any suggestions?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Looking for a hall/room where we can bring our own food.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Where the heck is she gonna cook? Even if you find a place that lets you bring in your own catering, your FMIL needs to actually cook the stuff somewhere. If you checked with your mom/dad/whoever lives in town, then I'd start calling around and asking. I think most hotels want you to use their food, but I do remember hearing about a wedding within the past year or so where they had outside catering brought to the Sheraton. And that was probably because the food at the Sheraton is for the most part pretty icky. I think they actually moved our Mardi Gras ball's supper dance to another hotel because there were so many complaints about the bad food. Service was great, though, and everything was clean. So if you can find a way for her to prepare food somewhere else, bringing it in to a place like the Sheraton might work.

I think the Wax Museum lets you bring in food, too. Obviously they don't do much cooking around the wax statues...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Wax Museum allows your choice of catering, but they actually require a licensed caterer.
  • Options
    louisianabluelouisianablue member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could book it at Race and Religious.  They have two chef's kitchens in the venue, but you would need to rent chairs, tables, etc.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There is a Pavillion in Kenner (corner of Vintage/Loyola), run by the City of Kenner. It's beautiful and I had looked at it for our wedding.  I know you can bring your own food and there may be a kitchen there. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Queen JaneQueen Jane member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think OP is talking about the Rehearsal Dinner, not the reception.
  • Options
    meganb1977meganb1977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is also a pavilion at Lafreniere Park in Metairie although I don't think they have any equipment for food to be heated.  Places like the Elks Lodge, Lions Club, VFW Hall, or Knights of Columbus aren't affiliated with any catering and have kitchen facilities for you to bring in your own food, would need a little decorating but I think they provide the tables and chairs.
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards