New York-Hudson Valley

Venues

Does anyone have any suggestions for venues in the area?

I'm llooking for something traditional, ballroom-y but not a wedding factory, probably around 100/person

Any suggestions?
Bio!
Updated 8/9!

Re: Venues

• kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Patriot Hills in Stony Point
    imageimageimage
  • ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    links at unionvale
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • wdubin122wdubin122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Garrison.
  • edited December 2011
    What county are you looking in?

I would recommend The Poughkeepsie Grand, Anthony's Pier Nine, Villa Borghese and the Dutchess Manor.   I believe all are in your price range.
  • edited December 2011
    Chalet on the Hudson in Cold Spring!  Not even close to wedding factory and they are part of InnCredible Caterers which is at Patriot Hills.  Chef Steve is amazing.  I think they are having a tasting there on Sept 22nd.  I'd call & check them out though
  • edited December 2011
    I would also recommend Patriot Hills. I got married there because to me it wasn't your typical gawdy ballroom. I also agree that the Garrison and Links at Unionvale fall within that category.
  • edited December 2011
    Fountainhead in New Rochelle
  • kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_venues-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:5c4e046f-3968-4304-a14e-4321540eabaaPost:0a84179c-2f9c-487e-b50a-39005af9ec6f">Re: Venues</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would also recommend Patriot Hills. I got married there because to me it wasn't your typical gawdy ballroom. I also agree that the Garrison and Links at Unionvale fall within that category.
    Posted by Shari16[/QUOTE]

Those are two other good suggestions, but I know when I was looking the Garrison was $125 on a Friday before tax and gratuity, and that was a few years ago.

No offense to anyone here, but some of the other places mentioned here definitely have that wedding factory vibe - AP9, The Poughkeepsie Grand, Villa Borghese, the Fountainhead. They're nice spaces, just kind of typical wedding reception hall.
    imageimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_venues-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:5c4e046f-3968-4304-a14e-4321540eabaaPost:fdd153e5-96d6-4e94-a8f3-c7ef205b88f9">Re: Venues</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Venues : Those are two other good suggestions, but I know when I was looking <strong>the Garrison was $125 on a Friday before tax and gratuity, and that was a few years ago.</strong>

I looked into The Garrison too. Before finding PH it was on my top 2 list. Okay, even aftering finding PH, it was my dream venue, along with Bear Mtn. I don't remember the price but it was way out of my league on a Saturday.
  • LissyM83LissyM83 member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Mansion on Broadway in White Plains... it was actually just on 4 Weddings Fri night.
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    try the mansion at colonial terrace in cortlandt manor.  def not a wedding factory.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm liking Chalet on the Hudson :) thank you ladies!
    Bio!
    Updated 8/9!
  • edited December 2011
    A friend of mine is getting Married at Garden Cathay in Plattekill (?) definitely a good price and not a wedding factory at all... they only have one wedding per day and you get the whole place. 
  • carolsdaycarolsday member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know exactly what is considered a wedding factory lol but im getting mariied at Villa Barone Hilltop Manor in Mahopac and Love everthing about them :) Good Luck
  • edited December 2011
    I picked The Thayer Hotel at West Point because it was different, has the ballroom effect without being a wedding factory! You can definitely get the price you want, depending on the package you pick, too. GOOD LUCK!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I looked at the Garrison a few years ago (2), it was over 100/person.  It was way out of our budget with the minimum.  I also found them to be rude, the lady kept calling me by my last name...thinking it was my first name.  She insulted me two times during our interview (basically making it seem like we could not afford the place).  I let her know I was not happy
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • JonieBJonieB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glen Island Harbour club in New Rochelle
  • PaoPao820PaoPao820 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Grandview in Poughkeepsie... on the hudson river, right next to the mid hudson bridge, and has an outdoor tent or a grand ballroom!  And it's very reasonable, even on a saturday... but there are minimums, can't remember what they are.... mine is 125 ppl for the tent on a sunday but its also labor day weekend.

Good luck and congratulations!!
    -Paola- Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Rolling Greens at Dutchess County Golf and Country club in Poughkeepsie, NY. It's a sister site of the grandview, grand, anthony's pier 9, and shadows on the hudson. I only looked into the Poughkeepsie Grand ( which is in your price range) and found them to be too wedding factory. I never looked into shadows or grandview because it was out of my budget ( was told over $100/ pp after taxes and fees for a friday august wedding). Rolling Greens is well within your budget and the food is delish!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Glen Island in New Rochelle, NY and Marina Del Rey in Throgs Neck (Bronx) NY were my top choices because of their awesome views of the Long Island Sound.  My fiance' and I are ultimately going with Marina because of the value.  We are having more people though (probably around 150.)

A good friend of mine is having her wedding at Tappan Hill in Tarrytown, NY for about 100 people as well.  It seemed expensive but I hear great reviews about the caterer, Abigail Kirsch.  Another friend got married at the Nyack Seaport in Rockland County and she had a pretty nice view of the Tappanzee Bridge.  A highschool friend of mine got a really good deal at Cortland Manor. 

Most of these places have about 2 weddings at a time but none seemed wedding factoryish; at least the brides didn't complain!

Hope this helps!
    Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards