New Hampshire
Options

"adults only" on website?

would it be okay to let people know the ceremony/reception will be adults only on the wedding website?
what would be a good way to phrase it?

Re: "adults only" on website?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Personally, I think it would be okay.  Maybe the best way to phrase is would be to have a section that has suggestions about people to contact if childcare is need. 
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I'm probably wicked tacky, so don't take my word for it, but I think it's okay.  I have a FAQ section of my website where is asks if "Little Johnny is invited?"  Then, I have it answered that as much as we would love to have children attend, it isn't within our budget to do so... which is true considering the amount of children we have in our family.

Laura
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I put it on my website and will put in my invitations.  I LOVE the idea of FAQ's that way it's a little less tacky.  Just stay strong and try to spread word of mouth.  You'll probably get some complaints, but personally, if you can't find a babysitter 6 mo- a year in advance then you really don't want to come that bad.  Esp if it's a night wedding.

GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    And I was just very upfront under the details of the reception I put "Reception is adult only".  I also have on the invitation "Adult only reception to follow at 6pm".  Apparently you're not supposed to write that but I've had a lot of complaints so I'm trying to make it clear.  I did see it on another invitation we just got so I think the trend is changing...personally I never knew why it was so tacky to say it in the first place.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the pp's, I think that a website is a more casual, yet appropriate place to inform your guests.  I also think it's a good idea on the response card or invitation to say, "We've reserved 2 seats for you!", that way it's pretty explicit.  
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-hampshire_adults-only-website?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:101Discussion:2d788ee1-3f97-4549-a5b9-24753119f16bPost:8a0eeec0-7980-4f02-959f-9c71b79e95e4">Re: "adults only" on website?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree with the pp's, I think that a website is a more casual, yet appropriate place to inform your guests.  I also think it's a good idea on the response card or invitation to say, <strong>"We've reserved 2 seats for you!", that way it's pretty explicit.  </strong>
    Posted by elizabeth918[/QUOTE]

This works if you don't want people to assume that more than just two are invited, but someone could very well take it to mean that they can bring themselves <em>and</em> their child, making it two. 

My co-worker put "Adults Only Reception" on her reception card (or invite, not sure which) and hasn't heard any compaints.  As poor etiquette as it's supposed to be, I don't get the big deal.
    Laura
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks guys!

i really dont see why people would want to bring their kids out to a saturday night wedding at a winery anyway, honestly.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    aha!

this is how i phrased it on the site:

Please note, that due to the time and location of the Ceremony and Reception, the bride and groom will be hosting an Adults Only event.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards