Snarky Brides

Awesome movies

What are some awesome (new, if you like, old are cool too) movies you have seen lately?

We watched Scott Pilgrim on friday night and I cant explain how awesome I thought that movie was. I have listened to the soundtrack nonstop since then (I already had it before but didnt listen to it often).

Another awesome one? Bill and Teds excellent adventure.

Re: Awesome movies

• Eternal Sunshine :)
    Sideways
    Fast Times at Ridgemont High
    Almost Famous
    The Wedding Singer
    Anchorman
    The Guardian
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_awesome-movies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b4f0c594-889f-4a13-9f8c-06328c8a36d3Post:f9cae69d-6c75-433c-a628-cd5f718c5154">Re: Awesome movies</a>:
    [QUOTE]Eternal Sunshine :) Sideways Fast Times at Ridgemont High Almost Famous The Wedding Singer Anchorman The Guardian
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]
    I once watched almost famous 3 times in a row, just cause its awesome. I love that movie.
  • We just watched Splice and it is awesomely fvcked up.

I think most movies are awesome. I'm easily entertained by movies and can pretty much lose myself in any story.
  • Tombstone
    Gladiator
    Up In the Air
    In Her Shoes
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Fight Club
    Pulp Fiction
    The Departed
    Goodfellas
    The Devil Wears Prada
    40 Year Old Virgin
    The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
    The Graduate

I saw some movie pretty recently that was just brilliant. but I forgot what it was.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • DodgersBrideDodgersBride member
    First Comment
    edited November 2010

500 Days of Summer
    Juno
    Grandma's Boy
    Step Brothers
    Steel Magnolias
    The Blind Side
    Up in the Air
    Up
    The Social Network
    The Town (Book is good too)
    Little Miss Sunshine
    That's all I can think of now.

• I love so many of those movies! (except the new ones in theater)

I kind of loved benjamin button, but my husband HATED IT, I dont know how thats possible.
  • Let Me In
    Grand Torino
    Splinter
    Fried Green Tomatoes
    Hitch
    Love Actually
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_awesome-movies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b4f0c594-889f-4a13-9f8c-06328c8a36d3Post:1aa4bff4-41b4-4457-8405-2566228d4515">Re: Awesome movies</a>:
    [QUOTE]Let Me In Grand Torino Splinter <strong>Fried Green Tomatoes</strong> Hitch Love Actually
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]
    I had wanted to watch this for the past YEAR and I couldnt find it to buy or rent anywhere, I was sure my mom had it so I tried to take it but she apparently didnt. After ages of only wanting to watch it my husband surprised me with it last week. I actually started jumping around the room and teared up. I love that movie so much.
  • I just watched Scott Pilgrim the other night too.  It was really weird, but in a good way...can't say it's one of my favs, but I enjoyed it.

Dogma
    Gran Torino
    Up
    The Graduate
    Inception
    Boondock Saints
    Love Actually
    Where the Heart Is
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_awesome-movies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b4f0c594-889f-4a13-9f8c-06328c8a36d3Post:1301241f-ab3a-417f-afe1-9183f360006c">Awesome movies</a>:
    [QUOTE]What are some awesome (new, if you like, old are cool too) movies you have seen lately? We watched Scott Pilgrim on friday night and I cant explain how awesome I thought that movie was. I have listened to the soundtrack nonstop since then (I already had it before but didnt listen to it often). Another awesome one? Bill and Teds excellent adventure.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]
    I'm with you, Nebb.  Scott Pilgrim was way better than I had expected and I was obsessed with "Black Sheep" (the song his ex GF sings) for a few weeks after.

My movie tastes tend to fall in a category I call "not for everyone" since they often have some disturbing content or themes, and frequently are independent films.  There are a few exceptions to this mostly comedies (e.g.,Blades of Glory).  Here are a few of my favorites:

The House of Yes (my favorite by far, the dialogue is great)
    Titus
    Amelie
    Happiness (a Todd Solondz film, we have some others by him too which I can't watch QUITE as often, though, like Palindromes and Welcome to the Dollhouse)
    The Red Violin
    "Plus who needs a purse when you have a wedding dress? Those things are like walking hobo bags just waiting to be stuffed with surprise treasures." -Wedinator.com image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_awesome-movies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b4f0c594-889f-4a13-9f8c-06328c8a36d3Post:c52b9912-7ec2-432b-bf81-249e08a02443">Re: Awesome movies</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Awesome movies : I'm with you, Nebb.  Scott Pilgrim was way better than I had expected and I was obsessed with "<strong>Black Sheep</strong>" (the song his ex GF sings) for a few weeks after. My movie tastes tend to fall in a category I call "not for everyone" since they often have some disturbing content or themes, and frequently are independent films.  There are a few exceptions to this mostly comedies (e.g.,Blades of Glory).  Here are a few of my favorites: The House of Yes (my favorite by far, the dialogue is great) Titus Amelie Happiness (a Todd Solondz film, we have some others by him too which I can't watch QUITE as often, though, like Palindromes and Welcome to the Dollhouse) The Red Violin
    Posted by slubkin[/QUOTE]
    Thats metric! Theyre a canadian band and they rock so much ass.
  • Just thought of some favorites:

The NeverEnding Story (most know this already)
    Logan's Run
    Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_awesome-movies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b4f0c594-889f-4a13-9f8c-06328c8a36d3Post:45b05c03-c127-4ef9-986e-0b7999cf5967">Re: Awesome movies</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Awesome movies : I had wanted to watch this for the past YEAR and I couldnt find it to buy or rent anywhere, I was sure my mom had it so I tried to take it but she apparently didnt. After ages of only wanting to watch it my husband surprised me with it last week. I actually started jumping around the room and teared up. I love that movie so much.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Aw thats sweet. I too love that movie, that an the Color Purple I have watched over and over. TAWANDA!
  • Random, and in no order.

Dazed and Confused.
    Better Off Dead.
    Supertroopers.
    The Last Kiss.
    Billy Madison.
    Oceans 11.
    Pirates of the Carribean.
    To end throw in pretty much any James Bond movie. (EXCEPT the newest, Daniel Craig plays a horrible Bond, those two are suckish)
  • The Departed. I can't usually get into mob movies, but I LOVED The Departed
    The Very Thought of You. Fairly obscure it has Joseph Fiennes and he's delicious.
    Cruel Intentions. Yup, I'm 16.
    Stardust. Book was good too, but I'm more partial to the movie.
    Big Fish. Love. Makes me cry every time.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_awesome-movies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b4f0c594-889f-4a13-9f8c-06328c8a36d3Post:a420cdf3-bab6-44cb-b354-2c77c74a96e4">Re: Awesome movies</a>:
    [QUOTE]The Departed. I can't usually get into mob movies, but I LOVED The Departed The Very Thought of You. Fairly obscure it has Joseph Fiennes and he's delicious. <strong>Cruel Intentions.</strong> Yup, I'm 16. Stardust. Book was good too, but I'm more partial to the movie. Big Fish. Love. Makes me cry every time.
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]
    Do you like Dangerous Liasons?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_awesome-movies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b4f0c594-889f-4a13-9f8c-06328c8a36d3Post:5f4c0097-ac2a-4147-bc09-fd09fb3704bb">Re: Awesome movies</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Awesome movies : Thats metric! Theyre a canadian band and they rock so much ass.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]
    Indeed.  I did my research.  Actually, our local alternative radio station has been playing Metric for some time now, so I was pleasantly surprised that I'd actually heard of them.  :)
    "Plus who needs a purse when you have a wedding dress? Those things are like walking hobo bags just waiting to be stuffed with surprise treasures." -Wedinator.com image
  • My Faves:

Forrest Gump
    The Sound of Music
    Clueless
    The Devil Wears Prada
    Ferris Bueller's Day Off
    The Breakfast Club
    Anchorman
    Goodfellas
    Erin Brockovich
    The Departed
    The Client
    A Time to Kill
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_awesome-movies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b4f0c594-889f-4a13-9f8c-06328c8a36d3Post:ff46b5a1-0bcc-41ec-8389-fe790d34d830">Re: Awesome movies</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Awesome movies : Do you like Dangerous Liasons?
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]
    Never saw it. Tell me more about it please.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_awesome-movies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b4f0c594-889f-4a13-9f8c-06328c8a36d3Post:a420cdf3-bab6-44cb-b354-2c77c74a96e4">Re: Awesome movies</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>The Departed</strong>. I can't usually get into mob movies, but I LOVED The Departed The Very Thought of You. Fairly obscure it has Joseph Fiennes and he's delicious. Cruel Intentions. Yup, I'm 16. Stardust. Book was good too, but I'm more partial to the movie. Big Fish. Love. Makes me cry every time.

I just saw it like a few months ago and that it was awesome. My grandma had even seen it before me. Oh and I will add Godfather 1,2 and even 3 but it wasn't as good as the first two.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_awesome-movies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b4f0c594-889f-4a13-9f8c-06328c8a36d3Post:f7329139-b014-45df-b029-8383456ade72">Re: Awesome movies</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Awesome movies : Indeed.  I did my research.  Actually, our local alternative radio station has been playing Metric for some time now, so I was pleasantly surprised that I'd actually heard of them.  :)

<div>Metric <3 I'm surprised they're getting played all the way down in California, but not really.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_awesome-movies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b4f0c594-889f-4a13-9f8c-06328c8a36d3Post:a420cdf3-bab6-44cb-b354-2c77c74a96e4">Re: Awesome movies</a>:
    [QUOTE]The Departed. I can't usually get into mob movies, but I LOVED The Departed The Very Thought of You. Fairly obscure it has Joseph Fiennes and he's delicious. Cruel Intentions. Yup, I'm 16. Stardust. Book was good too, but I'm more partial to the movie. Big Fish. Love. Makes me cry every time.
    Oh, I love Cruel Intentions.  I never really bought Sarah Michelle Gellar as that nice Buffy girl.  Her character in this movie seemed so much more plausible.  She and Ryan Philippe were great in that movie, and some of the dialogue was really memorable.

In fact, FI and I STILL have a running joke from that movie.  When Cecile meets Ronald and he tells her that he's writing an opera based on MLK, her response is "Dr. King's my FAVORITE!".  FI and I tell each other "you're my favorite" the same way.  We use that phrase a lot, actually.  :D
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_awesome-movies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b4f0c594-889f-4a13-9f8c-06328c8a36d3Post:a420cdf3-bab6-44cb-b354-2c77c74a96e4">Re: Awesome movies</a>:
    [QUOTE]The Departed. I can't usually get into mob movies, but I LOVED The Departed The Very Thought of You. Fairly obscure it has Joseph Fiennes and he's delicious. Cruel Intentions. Yup, I'm 16. <strong>Stardust</strong>. Book was good too, but I'm more partial to the movie. Big Fish. Love. Makes me cry every time.

I love this movie, and could watch it again and again. But I hated the book. This was one rare instance where I found the movie so much better.
  • American Beauty
    SlumDog Millionaire
    Into the Wild
    A Lot Like Love
    Go
    Garden State
    Stand By Me
    The Notebook
    Very Bad Things
    American History X
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_awesome-movies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b4f0c594-889f-4a13-9f8c-06328c8a36d3Post:95ef1bc4-8b8d-4161-a40a-e06ae1642a1f">Re: Awesome movies</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Awesome movies : I love this movie, and could watch it again and again. But I hated the book. This was one rare instance where I found the movie so much better.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]
    Me too! And I'll tell you what sealed the deal for me: Robert Deniro.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_awesome-movies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b4f0c594-889f-4a13-9f8c-06328c8a36d3Post:2294321c-6af3-4067-a59e-a993846a9321">Re: Awesome movies</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Awesome movies : Never saw it. Tell me more about it please.
    Cruel Intentions was the hip, updated, cast-with-young-actors version of Dangerous Liaisons.  Kind of like 10 things I hate about you was the update for Taming of the Shrew, etc.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_awesome-movies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b4f0c594-889f-4a13-9f8c-06328c8a36d3Post:95ef1bc4-8b8d-4161-a40a-e06ae1642a1f">Re: Awesome movies</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Awesome movies : I love this movie, and could watch it again and again. But I hated the book. This was one rare instance where I found the movie so much better.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

<div>Really, you didn't like the book? It's not my favourite Neil Gaiman novel, but I enjoyed it. I agree that the movie was ridiculously awesome. I went to go see it in theatres, but it was so crowded all that was left was the very front row, and I couldn't see anything. So we left. I went back to see it later =D</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_awesome-movies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b4f0c594-889f-4a13-9f8c-06328c8a36d3Post:3fefa327-f006-48f1-b760-b1699cc33f98">Re: Awesome movies</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Awesome movies : Cruel Intentions was the hip, updated, cast-with-young-actors version of Dangerous Liaisons.  Kind of like 10 things I hate about you was the update for Taming of the Shrew, etc.
    Oooooh ok. I'll have to look it up. I might get a kick out of it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_awesome-movies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b4f0c594-889f-4a13-9f8c-06328c8a36d3Post:2294321c-6af3-4067-a59e-a993846a9321">Re: Awesome movies</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Awesome movies : Never saw it. Tell me more about it please.
    Its the SAME story, but set in the 1700's. John Malkovitch (and a TON of others) are in it. Its so good.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards