New York-Long Island

Have you been to a wedding here?

Has anyone had a wedding or been to a wedding at East Wind, Villa Lombardi's, Watermill? How was your experience?

Re: Have you been to a wedding here?

• positivelypositively member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Villa Lombardi - GREAT & GREAT food - family owned and operated
    Watermill - basically the same but I prefer Villa Lombardi over Watermill
    East Wind - have not been to.
  • edited December 2011
    I got married at East Wind and have been to three other weddings there. The food is phenomenal, the staff are so nice and helpful and the price is right.

If you decide to book there: don't use the valet, they're idiots and the owner is a douche. And dont' bother making bathroom baskets, the waitstaff will pillage them before the end of the night (but I've seen that done several other places too.)
  • That GalThat Gal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Watermill is a cookie-cutter wedding factory.  At least thats what i experienced when I attended a wedding there 3 years ago.  Food was just ok.  Just your run of the mill wedding place.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with ThatGal--it's a wedding factory. I have been to A LOT of weddings at Watermill since I grew up and still live in the area. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice place with a nice asthetic and the service is good. However, they do more than one wedding at a time (I think they do 3 at once) and, as a guest, I didn't like seeing all these other guests from other weddings in the bathrooms and common areas. But that's just me. Food is "eh" -- nothing to write home about. 

Villa Lombardi's, IMO, is kind of tacky with the frescos on the walls and all the faux Italian decor. HOWEVER, and this is a big however, the food is outrageously good and your guests will quickly forget about the frescos if you are married there. :) I've never been to a wedding there but I have been to other events: Xmas parties, Anniversary party, etc.

East Wind: I have been to one wedding at East Wind and the grounds are very beautiful. I stayed in the hotel and it was comfortable and nice. The room that the reception was in didn't wow me though. I have heard that East Wind is crazy expensive and I guess I expected more. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards