California-Bay Area

Livermore venues

Hey all, I was wondering if anyone had checked out the Robert Livermore Community Center ballroom and if you thought it was big enough for the ceremony and reception of a 100 person wedding. I've seen the 360 of the room online, but it's sort of warped and the room looks bigger in some areas and smaller in others. I would do this myself, but I'm currently living in South Carolina with my FH who is stationed here. He's getting out in May, but I want to try and book a location before then. Thank you so much :)

Re: Livermore venues

• vb0000vb0000 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Me and my FI stopped by there one day last summer when we were scoping out places.  We didn't have an appt so we could not go inside, but we walked all around it and looked in all the windows.

It's a VERY nice and very large community center, all new and shiny.  It seems pretty big inside the main ballroom, I'm sure it would definitely fit 100 ppl, it might even seem too big for 100...their web site says that the ballroom seats 350 people.  They have a nice courtyard outside where you could have the ceremony.  

FYI there is a large community pool "aquatic center" that sits directly behind the community center and shares the same parking lot.  The parking lot is pretty big but not huge, I can see there being a problem only if they are having a huge swim meet the same day of a huge wedding.

Here's their web site if you don't all ready have it:

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CaitlinmmkCaitlinmmk member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much! I'm having a winter wedding so I want to have the ceremony on one side of the room and then have the reception tables set up on the other before the guests get there, so I would probably need a good amount of room. Where did you end up booking?
  • vb0000vb0000 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yep that could work with 100 ppl.  I don't know what they supply but if you had to rent an archway or anything it should work inside that space.  

Wellll, we started off booked at the Brazilian Room, but long story short we cancelled that and ended up at Scott's Garden which is at Scott's Restaurant in Walnut Creek.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CaitlinmmkCaitlinmmk member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I know that place! My mom used to work down the street and whenever I went to see her I would pass it. I've never been inside, but I love the way it looks outside lol.
  • hockyfanhockyfan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    try wente vineyards.  or Murrieta's well run by wente vineyards.
    Call 925-456-2425 and ask for Heather Druba.  She is the best sales and wedding coordinator in Livermore!

I worked there and just love the place.
  • edited December 2011
    For VB000:

If you don't mind me asking what was the fee for a Scott's Garden Wedding. My boyfriend and I love this place but thought it would be way out of our price range. I am just starting my search and am not sure where in the bay I can go to have beautiful wedding on a budget.
  • Tara_KathleenTara_Kathleen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I had my Dec. 07 wedding reception at Robert Livermore Community Center.  The ballroom is huge!  Could definitely fit 100 for a ceremony and reception!  We had just over 200 people for the reception and the price can't be beat!  Plus my parents live a block away, so the people who couldn't quite drive were able to walk to my parents for the after party!  The people at the Center are super nice and really easy to work with!  I really couldn't have picked a better place!  Also my friend is having her reception there in February.

Wente and Murrieta's Well are SUPER nice...Wente is THE place to get married in Livermore...but you are paying for it!  They are pretty pricey...definitely gorgeous though!

Good Luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards