Florida-West Coast

Dress woes - any advice?

I was so excited to finally see my actual dress, some 5 months after ordering it.  I loved the dress when I tried it on and was so excited about it.  I went last night to "inspect" it and try it on.  It fits and it's by no means "terrible"...but I don't feel the same about it.   It didnt seem to lay in the right places.  I'm not saying I think it's a different dress, it is certainly the same dress but some things seem different to me.  I think my main issue is that the fabric it is made out of seems different than the sample (it seems to feel cheaper now almost like they used a better quality to make the sample dress than my actual dress)...Something about it just doesn't seem "right" and I certainly am no longer in love with it.  Partly I know the lighting was bad this time and I know that the sample was a huge size so it looked different, but you would think that I'd like the dress more when it fits, but I dont.

I've been comparing the photos of me in the sample dress to me in my actual dress all day and I can't figure out what exactly it is (aside from the fabric).  Now, I'm just not sure what to do.

Has anyone else experienced this?  Did you eventually get over it?  Did you try to compare the dress to the sample to determine whether they did actually use a different fabric?  Do you think I need a new dress?  I really want to love it and feel beautiful, and right now I just feel disappointed. 

Re: Dress woes - any advice?

• chescamchescam member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry that you're feeling this way. I didn't have a problem with my fabric being different but the color of my dress looked a little different. Perhaps the lighting was to blame. I think you should talk to your seamstress before buying a new dress. Maybe the dress just needs to be altered to fit your current measurements.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • teachermegsteachermegs member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh I went through this. I even looked at other dresses, but I went to my first fitting and loved it all over again. Don't keep looking at it and wait till your first fitting before deciding anything.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree. I really hated my dress when I saw it again for the first time after months. I was so mad at myself for spending so much money on something that looks like this?! Then I went to my fitting and I love it again. It's natural. I think it'll also help if you stop looking at other dresses. JMO
    Anniversary Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • babybchbumbabybchbum member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think almost every bride goes through this. You get yourself so worked up about seeing "your dress" that when you put it on something always seems to be wrong. I would take it to your 1st fitting before going to look at other dresses. I'm sure you willfall in love with it again after all the hype you built around the dress and your anxiety subsides.
  • missy1954missy1954 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This didn't happen with my dress but it did happen with my fiance.
  • JulieS1786JulieS1786 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies!   It is good to hear that I'm not alone in this feeling.  I'm going to give it some time and see how it looks next time I try it on.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards