Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Amount of cash to take on an all inclusive honeymoon

We are going on a 6 day all inclusive honeymoon in the Bahamas and we are trying to decide how much cash we should take with us? I know we need enough to tip at every meal and pay for extra stuff- but i do not even know where to start when it comes to picking a ballpark number for cash. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Lauren 

Re: Amount of cash to take on an all inclusive honeymoon

• Options
    I stayed at a Sandals and there was No tipping allowed.  We brought about $250 for 7 days..used our credit card for excursions and spa services.
  • Options

We usually take about $200 in small bills for tipping. When we have to pay for golf, spa or things from resort gift shop, it is usually charged to our room and we pay everything by credit card during checkout.  When out shopping we will use cash for small purchase and credit card for others. Resorts we have stayed at all have ATMs if we need additional cash.

• Options
    A lot of all inclusives also include your tips- fyi. Of course it is certainly generous to tip extra....
    I usually bring a small amount of cash for odd and ends and just bring my bank card for excursions, spa treatments, and gifts. I never carry very much cash and don't usually spend more that $200-$300 anyway.
  • Options
    When we went to Mexico we took about $500 in cash and used all of it. $200 of that was in Taxi cab rides to and from the City. about $150 was used to tip at our resort(I am a big fan of this. Yes, it is all inclusive, but these people make NOTHING) and then about $100 in gifts for family and $50 on meals out while in town shopping. I didnt take any bill larger than a $20 and this time I will bring mostly $1's. For our anniversary trip I am planning on taking about $250 in cash because we wont have taxi cab rides and wont be there as long.
  • Options
    Tipping wise I would guesstimate about $20/day just bring smaller bills and spread it out throughout the day. I understand that most all inclusives "include tipping" but as PP said, how much of that are the staff actually receiving? I also know how my fiance and I are the type of people that will camp out at the pool all day and expect the drinks to keep coming, so I would feel bad to receive all day service from someone and not give them something extra..we plan on keeping them busy : ) HTH!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    karagal - did you stay at the sandals royal bahamian?  if so, how was it???

to OP, I'd say $200 cash and a card incase you need it is good.
  • Options
    Depends on what you want to do.  Usually you can use your credit card at the resort for excursions and spa services.

We usually bring about $700.00 but we usually pay our excursions in cash.
  • Options
    Yeah, i would check that credit cards are accepted for excersions.  If you book them all thru the hotel, probably won't be a problem, but if you book them elsewhere, maybe.  I would want to have 500 just to be safe.  As long as you don't lose it and keep it locked in the safe, it can't hurt.
    imageimageVacation Till our honeymoon!!!
  • Options
    I was going to ask karagal the same questions.  Any recommendations on what to bring for the Sandals Royal Bahamian or what to expect?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    we are staying at the royal bahamian for our honeymoon and we leave in 2 weeks (married next sunday!) thanks for all the feedback! i think we will take about 500 cash, i really had no clue even a general number so thank you all for your responses! i will post again when we get back and let you know howe the royal bahamian is! good luck to everyone with their weddings!
    Lauren
    July 18, 2010 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards