South Carolina-Charleston

Venue Update

Hey ladies, I hope everyone had a fabulous holiday!

We did the visits I had set up for this week, and have almost completely changed up our game plan... I guess FH wasn't the best at communicating what it was he wanted, but now I've got an idea, and hopefully it won't be too late for us to get a date we like.

We visited Francis Marion Hotel, and while Caroline was a sweetheart and the ballrooms were lovely, it just didn't give us that feeling.

We went to Lowndes Grove and William Aiken House, and let me tell you, that was a mistake! We totally fell in love with both of them, and I just don't think that they'll be feasible financially, unless we are a little more flexible with dates.

So, our new list is:

Lowndes Grove
WAH
Gibbes Museum
Island House
Legare Waring House
Magnolia Plantation

I feel like I'm being the OPPOSITE of productive here, and it's really stressing me out!!

Re: Venue Update

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina-charleston_venue-update?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:600Discussion:e55ff2a2-7da9-4fd5-a5ea-aed767823e4cPost:ebb1fc75-4f60-4cb3-bcab-ed9a6679ef7d">Venue Update</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey ladies, I hope everyone had a fabulous holiday! We did the visits I had set up for this week, and have almost completely changed up our game plan... I guess FH wasn't the best at communicating what it was he wanted, but now I've got an idea, and hopefully it won't be too late for us to get a date we like. We visited Francis Marion Hotel, and while Caroline was a sweetheart and the ballrooms were lovely, it just didn't give us that feeling. We went to Lowndes Grove and William Aiken House, and let me tell you, that was a mistake! We totally fell in love with both of them, and I just don't think that they'll be feasible financially, unless we are a little more flexible with dates. So, our new list is: Lowndes Grove WAH Gibbes Museum Island House Legare Waring House Magnolia Plantation I feel like I'm being the OPPOSITE of productive here, and it's really stressing me out!!
    Posted by lizlovescupcakes[/QUOTE]
    Just sent you a PM...check it out!! :)
  • If you are going to Magnolia, add Middleton Place to your list.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Don't stress! It will be beautiful at any of those locations!
  • I was married at Gibbes and it turned out fantastic.  Let me know if you would like to see pictures.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina-charleston_venue-update?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:600Discussion:e55ff2a2-7da9-4fd5-a5ea-aed767823e4cPost:669c4e75-3e55-4d3f-a04c-defe8876b028">Re: Venue Update</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was married at Gibbes and it turned out fantastic.  Let me know if you would like to see pictures.
    Posted by hilaryt3[/QUOTE]

<div>Hi Hilary! I would absolutely love to see pictures!</div>
  • Just a tip, if you check out Richard Bell Photography's page at charlestonwedding.com you can look at galleries by location/venue if you click on Recent Wedding Albums.  I didn't see any listed for the Gibbes but they have just about every other venue on there.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina-charleston_venue-update?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:600Discussion:e55ff2a2-7da9-4fd5-a5ea-aed767823e4cPost:e26c1e63-776b-48fd-87ae-ed3a1bf9f644">Re: Venue Update</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just a tip, if you check out Richard Bell Photography's page at charlestonwedding.com you can look at galleries by location/venue if you click on Recent Wedding Albums.  I didn't see any listed for the Gibbes but they have just about every other venue on there.
    Posted by katiewest[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks Katie! I had seen that, and couldn't remember where!</div>
  • Lowndes Grove was/is my absolute favorite venue in Charleston! So gorgeous, so southern, so romantic... Sadly, we just cannot afford it with our budget since it is pricey to begin with and then you have to rent a lot. If you end up there I must see pictures!! But, it will be beautiful at any of those venues! I went to a friend's reception at WAH and it was absolutely gorgeous. She did tent on the lawn for the dance floor and had the food stations and bar set up throughout the house. I have pics from it if you'd like to see more shots of an event there! Visiting the venues definitely helps you decide. I completely crossed one off after a visit. Good luck with the decision!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina-charleston_venue-update?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:600Discussion:e55ff2a2-7da9-4fd5-a5ea-aed767823e4cPost:bcfcdfca-bad5-4135-9ee5-e687435b58c8">Re: Venue Update</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lowndes Grove was/is my absolute favorite venue in Charleston! So gorgeous, so southern, so romantic... Sadly, we just cannot afford it with our budget since it is pricey to begin with and then you have to rent a lot. If you end up there I must see pictures!! But, it will be beautiful at any of those venues! I went to a friend's reception at WAH and it was absolutely gorgeous. She did tent on the lawn for the dance floor and had the food stations and bar set up throughout the house. I have pics from it if you'd like to see more shots of an event there! Visiting the venues definitely helps you decide. I completely crossed one off after a visit. Good luck with the decision!
    Posted by kballance[/QUOTE]

<div>I sent you a PM! :)</div><div>
    </div><div>Lowndes Grove was absolutely gorgeous - FH was even overwhelmed.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards