Illinois-Chicago

What are you all doing for NYE?

Re: What are you all doing for NYE?

• we are going to a bar close to your house. $30 package deal includes, domestic beer, well drinks, wine, jello shots, app buffet and dj and dancing!!
  • I'm getting married!  11 days! :)
  • That is so exciting that you are getting married!!! 
    BabyFruit Ticker www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
  • We are headed to Minneapolis for DH's cousin's wedding... Undecided  We met on New Year's Eve five years ago, and it's always been our fun, relaxing, do whatever we want holiday...maybe next year we'll get back to that!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We usually vacation during that time, and we sort of are; giong to Vegas for a few days next week but come back the 29th. So we'll spend all our $$ in Vegas and lay low on NYE at home this year!
  • Gina- wow, steal on a package! Where is that at?

We're not really big NYE people. A few years ago we did a bar-package in Wrigley and it wasn't really all it was cracked up to be.

Last year (our first married NYE), I got all dressed up and then we decided to just stay home.  We (I should say I) made gaucuamole, mexican rice and enchiladas...then we busted out our margarita maker (wedding gift that H insisted on registering for) and used it for the first time.  It was the perfect low-key night...except that I fell asleep before midnight. Whoops.

This year we're sticking with low-key.  It's going to be interesting, but we're meeting H's childhood neighbors/friends in Galena.  It's going to be my ILs, us, the two boys and their girlfriend and fiance (the boys are our age).  The engaged couple lives in Glascow for school, so it's going to be great to see them.  It's just going to be weird to be spending NYE with the ILs!  (But they did offer to pay for our hotel, score!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards