Destination Weddings Discussions

Need music help

So some of you may remember that FBIL isn't going to be able to play during the ceremony anymore due to cost.  He doesn't have the equipment he needs at his music store to be able to record the songs.  Now I've got 2 weeks to come up with 2-3 songs to play before I walk down the aisle.

I'm walking down to an accoustic version of The Rain Song by Zepplin.  

What is everyone playing while the parents/gparents and wp come out?  I need ideas.

Re: Need music help

• I'm no help because my songs are in Hawaiian :)
  • I have chosen a variety of instrumental disney classics (can you feel the love tonight, reflections)

Bless this broken road, Ceremony by the Sea-O'Neill Brothers

All off itunes. We don't have anything specific for when the family walks in
  • I would personally do one very nice, classical song, perhaps some Debussy, and then switch the song for when you're walking down the isle so that people KNOW they should be paying attention. 

I feel that individual songs should be played when people are being intro'd at the reception. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker imageimage
  • We had the family and friends come in to "Moon River", and the wedding party came in to Coldplay "Til Kingdom Come".
  • I had a steel drum player and he just played some random classical songs
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_need-music?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:8c77c6d7-ee34-4cd7-b2c5-5c28ac0b97c3Post:5e071710-de68-4ca7-bac0-b7713f01dfa7">Re: Need music help</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had a steel drum player and he just played some random classical songs
    Posted by AlaskanAlison[/QUOTE]

This is what Im doing, too
  • The parents will be seated to Canon in D, because they want at least SOMETHING traditional about my wedding day.  lol  I figure I can give in for that one litlte thing.

IF we have a WP (which I don't want, because I'd rather just invite our parents and that's it) they will walk to "Somebody's getting married" from the movie The Muppets Take Manhattan.  Yeah.... I know.  But I LOVE the Muppets and have always said I'd have that song in my wedding, ever since I was a little girl.

I'll be walking to an instrumental version of All I Ask of You from the Phantom of the Opera.
  • My Bridal party is walking down to 'Let It Be Me' by Ray LaMontagne, and my Dad and I are walking down to 'Happy Ever After In Your Eyes' by Ben Harper.  Love them! 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • risa1818risa1818 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_need-music?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:8c77c6d7-ee34-4cd7-b2c5-5c28ac0b97c3Post:bd897414-e332-4670-ad18-97f68ce2dc57">Re: Need music help</a>:
    [QUOTE]The parents will be seated to Canon in D, because they want at least SOMETHING traditional about my wedding day.  lol  I figure I can give in for that one litlte thing. IF we have a WP (which I don't want, because I'd rather just invite our parents and that's it) they will walk to "Somebody's getting married" from the movie The Muppets Take Manhattan.  Yeah.... I know.  But I LOVE the Muppets and have always said I'd have that song in my wedding, ever since I was a little girl. <strong>I'll be walking to an instrumental version of All I Ask of You from the Phantom of the Opera</strong>.
    Posted by chosen175[/QUOTE]

As a musical theater girl, that gave me goosebumps because I LOVE that song and have used it in auditions before!

We have a steel pan player too so that is basically our music for the ceremony and cocktail hour. I would say find some instrumental versions of songs you love and use those. Do you have some way to play them?
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_need-music?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:54Discussion:8c77c6d7-ee34-4cd7-b2c5-5c28ac0b97c3Post:bd897414-e332-4670-ad18-97f68ce2dc57">Re: Need music help</a>:
    [QUOTE]The parents will be seated to Canon in D, because they want at least SOMETHING traditional about my wedding day.  lol  I figure I can give in for that one litlte thing. IF we have a WP (which I don't want, because I'd rather just invite our parents and that's it) they will walk to <strong>"Somebody's getting married" from the movie The Muppets Take Manhattan</strong>.  Yeah.... I know.  But I LOVE the Muppets and have always said I'd have that song in my wedding, ever since I was a little girl. I'll be walking to an instrumental version of All I Ask of You from the Phantom of the Opera.
    Posted by chosen175[/QUOTE]

OMG!  I watched that movie a few weeks ago when I was sick!  That song brought a smile to my face!  Brings out the kid in ya!

Hmm...I like "Today was a fairytale" by Taylor Swift or "Down" by Jay Sean or "Forever" by Chris Brown.  I'm all over the place, but I like all types of music.  I think my WP will be walking in to "Today was a fairytale" and I'll be coming in to "somewhere over the rainbow" the Hawaiian version.
  • Thanks ladies.  I really needed some suggestions and these are helpful.  I've been leaning towards Ben Harper so we'll see. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards