Wedding Woes

Opening Ceremony

I didn't even watch more than 5 minutes, because in those 5 minutes I wanted to just drift away into slumberland.  Even the royals couldn't be bothered to look interested.

What say you?  (my review is obviously moot)

Re: Opening Ceremony

• I was dreadfully disappointed and thought it couldn't have possibly been more boring.  Especially the two "kids" that were trying to find each other by phone.   Don't really think that producer has to worry about that invitation again - incredibly boring.
  • I watched the whole thing.  Thank goodness for Matt Lauer and Meredith Vieira so I knew what was going on in some parts.  Highlights included the Queen's arrival (she's now a Bond Girl!), Rowan Atkinson, the lighting of the cauldron and,of course, Paul McCartney.  I need to watch the tribute to terrorist victims that NBC cut between the ceremony and the parade of nations.  I've heard it was very touching.

• I know that the opening ceremonies are always long, but why?   Why must they drag on forever???  We recorded them, then watched about an hour on Saturday, then several hours yesterday, and we still have the torch lighting and Sir Paul left to watch.  Maybe we'll get done with it by the closing ceremonies.
    The queen's entrance was F-ing AWESOME!  But then she sat there like a big stick in the mud for the rest of the thing.  :/
    Daniel Craig is beautiful.  I can't wait for the new Bond movie.
    Rowan Atkinson was surprisingly hilarious.
    I wanted Matt and Meridith to STFU so I could watch and listen to the performances.
    David Beckham is yummy.
  • I don't get why it has to be son long, either.  Do ONE musical, dramatic production. ONE. Make it just fun and entertaining, not an acknowledgement of everything important that has ever happened in the history of the world.  Then parade the nations.  Then light the damn caldron.  Done!

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    It sucked.  At least the short bit of it I watched sucked.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards