Connecticut

Check! Cake!

Yesterday me and the FI went to Modern Pastry to pick out our cake. I had so many ideas but I eventually let the man handle it (he was REALLY into the cake), since it has been one of the few things he's gotten really passionate about haha.

Went with red velvet and cream cheese frosting because that's his favorite and I had no other choice. lol....men and their cake...

We had to go with Modern Pastry because thats who our venue, Marquee @G Fox, makes us go through. After reading Mwitter's review of the bakery I went in there VERY determined to get our exact idea down. Half the time some girl had to keep going into a back room to ask the person who runs the shop questions we had, until finally we got her to come out front and talk to us.

I'm excited because this is the last big thing i needed to sort out! Now I just need to find a topper and some edible crystals for the middle layers...

(without the middle and top layer being SO long) :)

Re: Check! Cake!

• Mona8Mona8 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Very pretty cake! And I love red velvet. Yum!

Congrats on the check!
    imageAnniversary
  • cdbishopcdbishop member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds delicious.  Congrats on the check!
  • edited December 2011
    So funny!  We are a G. Fox couple as well and went yesterday for our's!  She mentioned that a couple was there earlier in the day, but didn't say we were both with Marquee!  FUN!  We went with a white cake with ricotta/raspberry filling.  :)  YUM!
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats on the check!! Sounds yummy!! and looks great too!!
    imageAnniversary Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_check-cake-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:20816be1-b616-4746-bde3-da950ab13d55Post:572dfb1b-be76-4413-965d-9b14d2c42968">Re: Check! Cake!</a>:
    [QUOTE]So funny!  We are a G. Fox couple as well and went yesterday for our's!  She mentioned that a couple was there earlier in the day, but didn't say we were both with Marquee!  FUN!  We went with a white cake with ricotta/raspberry filling.  :)  YUM!
    Posted by ali79ger@yahoo.com[/QUOTE]

haha thats so funny! Yay for us both getting it done!
  • rswan412rswan412 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats, it must feel great to be done with everything...and now I want cake!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi,
    FYI:  For edibile crystals:
    Website:  www.diamondpartyconfetti.com/" target="_blank">http://www.diamondpartyconfetti.com/
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards