Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Buffalo girl needs help!

Fellow brides, I'm getting married in September next year and have found my reception space but I have no idea where to have the actual ceremony. I'm Catholic but my fiance is not, so I don't think a Catholic church is an option. If anyone has any ideas, I'd be so appreciative.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Buffalo girl needs help!

• You could still get married in the catholic church but your FI would have to go through a lot of stuff before that could happen.  Otherwise, you can get a justice of the peace.  
  • edited October 2012
    You can have a notary public or non-denominational reverand marry you at a park near your reception venue.  But you would have to have people set up an area for that/rent chairs, etc.  Are you opposed to getting married at the reception venue?  They may have a separate space for that.  Or they can quickly transform the same space from ceremony to reception...depends on the venue.  Or you can look into wedding chapels in your area.

image 82 Invited
    image 35 are ready to party! image 6 have better things to do image41 are lollygagging
    RSVP Date: Dec 19
    image Favorite Registry Item/South FL Board
  • Yeah, I got married in a Catholic church for the reasons mentioned by CMGR- my husband isn't Catholic either but we did pre-cana together and had no problem getting married in a church.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Hello - I am in the same boat. I am getting married September 2013 and we are just having our immediate family for the ceremony and then having extended family and friends for the reception. I am currenlty looking for a ceremony site and here is what I have found so far:

- Botanical Gardens: very expensive, even for a ceremony for under 20 people it would cost $1,100.
    - Butler Mansion is gorgeous but you have to hold the reception there if you want a ceremony there.
    - Karapeles Manuscript Museum: I am looking into this but I think its too big for my ceremony
    - Meeting House in Williamsville i heard does just ceremonies.
    - Montante Cultural Center on Canisius College Campus
    - Avanti Mansion in Blasdell

I hope this helps a little bit...if you have any other ideas for me, let me know! :)
  • The Frank Lloyd Wright Boathouse building?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards