Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Dress!

I wanted to share pics of my dress from this weekend! I LOVE it and CAN'T wait for it to come in! I ended up buying a long veil to wear at church and a shash (see pic). The veil will be the same I'm wearing in the second pic but without the band lining the bottom. It's just going to be the plain tulle all over. I'm SO excited and I fell in love all over again! :)

Re: Dress!

• ros3392ros3392 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love it! You look beauiful! I love the detail on the bodice!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Ash2985Ash2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love it!  I'm glad you posted pics, it's gorgeous!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • dbpsu18dbpsu18 member
    edited December 2011
    LOVE IT! the dress is beautiful - and i'm a huge fan of the long veil!

• edited December 2011
    You look absolutely stunning!! I love it!!!!! I'm glad you decided to go with the long veil, I don't think a birdcage would've done the dress justice. :)
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls! I totally agree about the veil! I'm a bit bummed b/c I bought this amazing birdcage veil in NYC a while back. I'm not sure but I might wear the long veil for church, then the birdcage for when we're introduced? I can't decide... but I don't want to force anything either - I want to wear it b/c it looks nice, not b/c I have it and feel like I need to wear it! Either way, I'm really happy w/ the decision to go with the long one!
  • pantherRNpantherRN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love the belt! How did you like Anne Gregory? I'm thinking of visiting when we go dress shopping in the spring!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    You look amazing in it!  I love it!
  • edited December 2011
    very pretty! 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • cathrynlehmancathrynlehman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love it!  I saw soemone say that you went to Ann Gregory.  Did you like it?  I was thinking of making an appointment there but I have heard mixed things about it.  What was your experience like?
  • anne513anne513 member
    edited December 2011
    Wow! I love it!
    I definitly love the long veil with that style dress and your ceremony venue.
    IMHO: I would scrap the birdcage all together with this dress.
  • moslimosli member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you look beautiful in that dress - love it!
  • edited December 2011
    You look great! Beautiful dress, I love it :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks again ladies!!

Barbie and Cathryn - I LOVE Anne Gregory! So far, I have had the absolute best experience there! Gregory has been beyond accomodating and just the best :) I would def rec going there! It's a bit on the pricey side but, I think, worth it :)

anne - I think I agree but I just don't want to part with it! lol... but I do think you're right...
  • pantherRNpantherRN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    G-I'm a firm believer in that for many things, you get what you pay for. It doesn't surprise me that they would be more expensive than other places. I can't wait to go dress shopping :)
  • LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You look beautiful, love love the veil!

You don't happen to have any pictures of you in the dress with a birdcage veil on, do you?  I'd love to see them together.  FWIW, I know several brides who changed veils like that in between ceremony and reception and I've always thought it was cool.

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LaFemme - I don't have any with JUST the birdcage and the dress - however, Gregory thought to try both of the veils on (which I'm not sure how I feel about but could be an option) so I have two pics of that but they arent the best... here they are:

• JamieK1882JamieK1882 member
    edited December 2011
    G-LOVE your dress. It looks so much better on you than on the model in your pic and I LOVE the belt and veil. I have a long veil, too, and I'm a big fan.
  • LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, that works!  Honestly, I'm not a fan of using both veils together- combined with the tulle on the bottom of your dress it's just a lot going on. 

I do think that you could rock the birdcage alone at some point in the reception, though- it IS really pretty.  Yay for your dress!!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LaFemme - I agree about the two veils... my mom was all about it though but I felt like it was a bit too much. So I'll most likely weigh my options and either wear the birdcage to be announced, or not at all... thanks for the input!
  • edited December 2011
    Gorgeous!! I agree about the 2 veils together being too much. I think both could work, but the long one would stunning for the ceremony. Yay!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards