December 2012 Weddings

Save the Dates

So I am getting married 12-21-12. I have ordered my save the dates and the are bound to arrive any day now.  I am wondering if I need to send them out soon or wait till the 6 month period.  I am just worried about the holiday season interfering with coming to my wedding and we have people planning on coming from OH.  I just want to give them ample time to plan. 

Re: Save the Dates

• I would send them out asap, I am getting married on 12-22-12 and for the most part we have already informed very close friends and family but I intend to send my STD's out this month.  I would have loved to send them out much earlier but 8 months in advance will suffice.  Good Luck!!!
  • I already sent mine out. I'm getting married 12.22.12 at Walt Disney World and I knew my guests needed ample time to plan.

Honestly, I think the STD rule is about 8 months so you're good to go!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Thank you soooo much!  I know having a wedding during the holiday season is crazy but I just LOVE the cold!  I will send them out soon. 
  • Go for it. Guests probably haven't made holiday plans yet so if you let them know ahead of time then they'll plan around the wedding and you'll be good to go.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I'm from Ohio and living in Kansas so I can relate. Our wedding will be in Ohio though. My wedding is 12-22-12 and we already sent out our STDs. We sent them the first week of Febuary to make sure eveyone had time to request of time. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've already sent mine out, partly because the wedding is three days before Christmas and partly because most of my family is coming from out-of-state and will need time to make travel arrangements before it becomes too hectic/expensive.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards