Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

wedding cakes

Anyone in the dfw area, preferrably Fort Worth, know where i can get a wedding cake for at least 2.75 per slice?

Wedding Countdown Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: wedding cakes

• edited December 2011
    "at least" as in $2.75 and up, or "no more than" $2.75?
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • crash2729crash2729 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am no help, but most cake people will travel within the DFW area, that will give you more options.
  • angelsong21angelsong21 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, it might be worth considering to go with the small display cake with sheet cakes in the back if you're maximum is $2.75/slice (still unclear if that's what you were saying).  Grocery stores like Market Street also make pretty tasty cake for much lower prices than wedding cakes.

We did try a few budget cake vendors since neither FI nor myself want anything fancy -- buttercream, very minimal decor (swirls in same color), and non-alcoholic fillings.  Unfortunately the budget vendors we did try were really......not good. :(  Had we needed to be in the $2.50-2.75/slice price range, I was fully prepared to order my cake from Market Street.  ETA:  Our expectations may be different than yours, and cake was also very important to me.  For those who don't care as much about the cake, you may find something you like in this range.  This was just our personal experience.

The best cake vendor at the lowest price we found was The Cake Guys.  I still have not tried anyone's cake I like as much as theirs, and no one else has even come close to beating their pricing.  You should check out their Sweet Inspirations Packages...VERY affordable.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    This thread is old, but has some recommendations you might check out (click here).

I'm not sure what Tabitha Ballard's current prices are. Texas Star Bakery has basic flavors for $2.50 a slice, but they do have a delivery charge.
  • ecox12ecox12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My cake lady is $2.50/slice for the grooms cake, but that is for all chocolate, and she is very very good, just not well known. Her name is Whitney Couch, with Calling All Cakes. The bride's cake was $3.50 a slice though. Mine came out to around $600 for both cakes, and that's for 200 people. Just an idea!
  • angelsong21angelsong21 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_wedding-cakes-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:4d042f96-48bd-4f23-8918-bcff1e356d9ePost:3e206bea-87aa-41cf-996d-e35da7e49c38">Re: wedding cakes</a>:
    [QUOTE]This thread is old, but has some recommendations you might check out ( click here ).<strong> I'm not sure what Tabitha Ballard's current prices are.</strong> Texas Star Bakery has basic flavors for $2.50 a slice, but they do have a delivery charge.
    Posted by MarieSD[/QUOTE]

She is in the OP's price range.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    My cakes are by Panini Cakes, which is in University Park, but has excellent prices.
    Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    Try Bluebonnet Bakery! They charge by the tier not the slice so it ends up being cheaper! And they do really good work. We're looking into them for our wedding.
  • edited December 2011

Thank you ladies for all the great places to go! I will have to try them all out!

Wedding Countdown Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I started my cake business this year and might be able to help you. What is it that you are wanting, for how many people, and what is your budget?
  • jezaeirijezaeiri member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Actually I've spent weeks making calls and looking for the best deal on a wedding cake in the area and this is it hands down.

http://www.thecakeguys.com/

Look at their Sweet Inspitations packages.  You might not get quite the flexibility of a custom cake but their predesigned ones are beautiful none the less. 
  • Jen6862Jen6862 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ruth Robbins with Tastefully Yours in Southlake. $530 for two cakes. 1 four tier and 1 sheet cake for the groom's cake. It was so good and not dry at all (this was last Saturday). She gives you a discount if you mention the knot board. Winechic is using her also.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards