Ohio-Columbus

Engagement Pics Location

Where did you/are you getting your engagement pics taken?  We really want ours done at Ohio Stadium but in case that doesn't pan out we need other ideas (because we are lazy and have waited til the last minute to even think about this, ahh)

Re: Engagement Pics Location

• Stackeye210Stackeye210 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've seen really awesome pictures done in the short north area.  Check out Salt78 's profile.  She is from Baltimore, but drove to Columbus to get pictures done there and they turned out very good! 

• edited December 2011
    I posted this on the just engaged page and think it is amazing...I really want someone else to do it!!

http://greenweddingshoes.blogspot.com/2009/11/lovely-couple-lots-of-pink-heart.html
  • darby22darby22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did ours outside at Creekside in Gahanna.  There is some great scenery there if you are looking to be outside!
  • edited December 2011
    well unfortunately we are going out of the area to do ours. FI's stepmom is doing ours and she lives in Bellefontaine. There is a really cool park there that we both enjoy so we're going there.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing ours this spring and are planning to start at Goodale Park and then walk through the Short North. I figure that will be a good mix of outdoorsy/nature shots and urban/city shots. I saw someone's awhile back that were done on a walk from the public library downtown to the Statehouse - there were some great shots!
    kissing

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP: 10/26/11 EDD: 6/28/12

• edited December 2011
    We had ours done in Victorian Village, then on the railroad tracks at North Bank Park, then in the Short North. Had a blast, and we got a lot of interest and variety in our pics. If you want more nature in addition to the city shots, you could always go to Goodale Park as one of your stops.
  • dgnphotodgnphoto member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would first think of places (if you have any besides the stadium) that mean something to you.  I'm sure no matter where that is, your photographer can take great pictures.

If not, here are some ideas...
    Short North (the big pillars, the orange and blue garage, the arc of lights over high st, the gargoyle fountain...)
    Goodale park (the gazebo, the lake, the flowers...)
    German Village (Schiller Park with the lake/trees/etc, the brickwork and interesting architecture)
    Inniswoods (the hidden garden, the white 'grandma' house, the fields, the stone bridge)
    Jeffrey Mansion (the castle-y building, the fields, the trees...)
    Creekside (the little waterfall and creek, the ducks, the bridge, the big stones)
    Scioto Park (the big tecumseh sculpture, the overlook)
    North Bank Park (the railroad tracks, the big pillars)
    Victorian Village, Olde Town East (the interesting architecture)
    Ohio State campus (Mirror Lake, the ampitheater...)
    Alum Creek state park (the 'beach')
    The Columbus Zoo (the lake, the scenery, the animals)
    Minerva Park (the lake, the trees, the ducks)
    Any of the metroparks (lots of woodsy!)
    Slate Run farm
    Homestead Park (the lake, the bridge)
    Franklin Park Conservatory (outside in the gardens or inside)
    Columbus Museum of Art (just don't use flash)

• edited December 2011
    We took ours at the Franklin Park Conservatory- both inside and outside in the gardens.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We did ours on campus.  We couldn't get into Ohio Stadium but the pictures outside by the stained glass block O are some of my favorites.  We also too some by the numbers and MIrror Lake. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards