• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
October 2011 Weddings

help! advice needed

Hello all. My fi and I are getting married 10-1-11. Ever since I announced my engagement , my family and friends they have all been so happy for us and just really excited that we are getting married.

Recently my mom and I have been having trouble in our relationship. We used to be very close. Now everytime I see her she has some sort of snotty remark to make or will go out of her way to bring me down. she's been married three times. and still is married to this day.

I am wondering if she is really upset with me. OR she is just not happy and because her marriage is not good.

HELP i need advice please.
Married: 10/01/11 Photobucket Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: help! advice needed

• My mom has done the same thing to me. She actually blew me off the other day when we were going to look at dresses. She says that she is happy that we are getting married but never acts like it. It has been really hurtful but I am just trying to ignore it. I am happy that I am getting married and excited to plan everything. And I know that no one is as excited about our wedding as my FI and I are but I thought that my mom should be one of the few others. While it sucks and it is hurtful I am not going to let her bring me down. I have always thought that I was going to look at wedding dresses with her but she has made it obvious that that is not going to happen.

I have decided that I am not going to let it hurt me. I will invite her to attend everything that I do that is wedding related but if she doesn't come then oh well. There are plenty others that I can do these things with. I just know that if I ever have a daughter that I am going to be there for her.

I know that it is hard but you cant let it get to you. You can always try to talk to her, I tried that one and it went right over her head, but they are two different people. I hope that it all works out for you!
    Photobucket
  • thanks for the advice.you are right. I'm going to try and let this be about my fi and not her making me feel bad. thanks for listening! :)
    Married: 10/01/11 Photobucket Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Nobody's going to be as excited about your wedding as you are.  Just keep that in mind.  Talk to your mom, this is an important day for both of you, it's important that both of you are involved.

Btw, we are date twins!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards