Michigan-Grand Rapids

Felt Mansion- have you seen it?

My fiancé and I have been looking into the Felt Mansion in Holland/Saugatuck for our cermony and tented reception. Has anyone used this place before or been at a tented wedding here? Any info would be helpful!

Re: Felt Mansion- have you seen it?

• akhensley81akhensley81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been on the property and I've seen the house and surrounding areas... but I've never been to an event there or been inside the house (we peeked in the windows, this was before it was renovated). I've heard nothing but good things though! I'm sure there are some girls here who have been there, but I would definitely head over there to check it out.
  • edited January 2012
    We took a tour this weekend with all the holiday decor up.  Gorgeous.  Absolutely beautiful.  THey have a chapel that's opening too this summer.  I wish it were in my budget.  :)
  • In high school I had a class where we actually went and worked on the mansion, and painted the ballroom! It is a great place, though if you have a large wedding party I would opt for an outdoor reception as the ballroom could get crowded. There are a few great places outside for a ceremony as well. It is worth the trip to just check it out, just make sure you make an appointment because I do not thinik it is currently staffed all the time! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm getting married there in the fall!  We visited the property over Christmas and completely fell in love.  It is the most beautiful, unique venue I have ever seen.  It's a lot of work to plan because you have to rent/book everything on your own, but every vendor I've talked to has nothing but good things to say about it and I absolutely cannot wait.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards