Florida-North Florida

Wedding dress blues! Help!

Hello Brides! I am in a bit of a pickle! I LOVE 2 dresses.They are also $500 difference in price. Should I go with my gut and spend more money or be level headed and go with the cheaper one which I do love? PLUS! I met a wedding planner at the dress shop and if I go with the cheaper I can afford her services! Should I do a cheaper dress and get a planner or go with the more expensive and do everything myself? HELP ME! I need someone's logic besides my own! 

Re: Wedding dress blues! Help!

• chickenbut143chickenbut143 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my vote: As long as you LOVE them both...go with the less expensive and get a planner.  I know mine will help me keep my scanity (mostly day-of).

Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-north-florida_wedding-dress-blues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:70Discussion:4a2f5c9f-1ff1-4cf8-97bf-c88963579eb7Post:b4696075-1621-4142-9bc0-379122c10036">Re: Wedding dress blues! Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]my vote: As long as you LOVE them both...go with the less expensive and get a planner.  I know mine will help me keep my scanity (mostly day-of). Good luck!
    Posted by chickenbut143[/QUOTE]
    I completely agree with this.  If you love them both then get the less expensive one and hire a planner.  It's a win win.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Where did you find the dresses?  Who are the designers? Maybe you can find the one your "gut" is telling you to get for a better price?  I know I saw the same dresses at different salons for a few hundred dollars difference depending on the place.  May if we know what dresses you are looking at we can recommend some places with good prices???
  • Kris092988Kris092988 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Keep alterations in mind (if you will be getting any done). The cheaper dress may end up costing more in alterations. But definitely get whatever you feel most comfortable with, you will have every eye on you, and you will be looking at those pictures for the rest of your life. If you LOVE one more than the other, get that, and use the resources here to help plan it yourself. The DIY board is great!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards