Texas-San Antonio

No church and the wedding is in May...

Our original church was booked almost immediately after we got engaged in September, but there was only one catch.  The spanish style, non denominational church was scheduled to undergo renovations, but should be done two months prior to the wedding.  Come January, I called to find out the status of the renovations, only to learnt it would now be closed until August... problem #1, our wedding is in May!  Church #1 was on a military base, and free of charge, we now had to find a new church for little money as we already used the majority of our budget.  Great! We found a new church on another military base, also free of charge.... problem #2 it is only available at noon, and both my reception and attire are set up for an evening event.  We are in need of a new church on a limited budget.  A little white church in San Antonio, or an old historic one, any ideas would much be appreciated!!

Re: No church and the wedding is in May...

• geminagigeminagi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How do you feel about a chapel? If your guest list is under 150, check out Garden Heights Chapel and Country Cottage.
    http://www.gardenheightsweddings.com/index2.php#/home/
    Went to a wedding there in January 2010 and the couple that runs it were great, as were the decorations, etc.
    I think there pricing starts at $2500 more or less. And would include both facilities along with linens.
    Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    i would definitely recommend Koehler House. Its owned by SAC and is cheap but beautiful. My sister had her wedding there. I would want to get married there myself but my fiance didn't want to get married where someone else we knew did.

http://www.alamo.edu/sac/koehler/
  • edited December 2011
      Those are great ideas.  Thanks so much, and keep them coming! We've been trying to figure this out, but with me in dental school and my fiance in the military we are pretty busy.  I have my heart set on a church wedding, but if that's not possible, I will have to go with something else.  Invitations are just waiting in the wings at this point.

• edited December 2011
    The little church at La Villita downtown is for smaller weddings, but it is 700 to rent.

http://lavillita.com/church/

I think it is a beautiful little spot.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of your help.  We finally found what we were looking for, and at the perfect time. 
  • BukiaBukia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey what church did you decide on?  I'm in a similar situation. The church we signed a contract with last September just told me two weeks ago that they can't do the wedding! The wedding is in July.  My heart is also set on a church wedding.  And I'm also in dental school so it's next to impossible to check these places out during the week.  Our reception is at the Dominion so i've been looking at churches in boerne.  there's not much else out there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards