Wedding Etiquette Forum

I Need your help/opionion on my rsvp. please

Hi all..

Just a quick question i think i know that answer too , but want to make sure.
So I made my invitations and rsvp's and had them printed on vistaprint. I used a Groupon so I saved a ton of money, but I will have to order them in a few different batches. Well I received my invitations the two days ago and love how they turned out. I received my rsvp yesterday and though they look super cute, I didn't realize that they would be on a glossy postcard. That wasn't my intention, I must have not completely understood the description. Anyhow, the invitation are a matte finish, and the rsvp are glossy. Do I need to re-do the rsvp onto a matte finish post card, or  is it going to make a difference? Since i got these on a groupon I didn't really spend that much on them, so re-doing them wouldn't be a horrible hit, just tedious.  I need your expertise advise
Future Mrs.Hensley Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I Need your help/opionion on my rsvp. please

• Are you able to write on the glossy card? Try writing with a pen on one of the RSVP cards and see how it looks. If it smears easily or if you have a hard time writing on them, I would order a new batch with a different type of paper.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • personally, I think if just the RSVP postcard is glossy, it's OK. That's the piece that they're sending back to you. If anything, it will stick out, and maybe remind them to send it back! But I think it also depends on how you assemble your invites. Can you post a pic?
    image 312 Invited
    image 182 Are ready to party!
    image 127 Will be missing out!
    image 3 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-need-your-helpopionion-on-my-rsvp-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9d765776-b51d-4463-aaad-d604f15439a3Post:107ba7a7-b194-4a64-81ea-bd13a8ff10a5">Re: I Need your help/opionion on my rsvp. please</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are you able to write on the glossy card? Try writing with a pen on one of the RSVP cards and see how it looks. If it smears easily or if you have a hard time writing on them, I would order a new batch with a different type of paper.
    Posted by melanieky[/QUOTE]

This would be my main concern.  If you can write on them without any issues - I'd look not only at a ballpoint pen,  but one of those fancy felt-tip type of pens - then I wouldn't worry about it too much.  If it smears, and I would think that the nicer pens would, then I'd order new ones on different paper.  <div>
    </div><div>The only reason I suggest trying multiple types of pen is I know I prefer to RSVP using a good pen instead of a ballpoint.  But, I may just be weird.</div>
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-need-your-helpopionion-on-my-rsvp-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:9d765776-b51d-4463-aaad-d604f15439a3Post:dff7ad54-5909-426e-8af6-9a3cf5a520db">Re: I Need your help/opionion on my rsvp. please</a>:
    [QUOTE]personally, I think if just the RSVP postcard is glossy, it's OK. That's the piece that they're sending back to you. If anything, it will stick out, and maybe remind them to send it back! But I think it also depends on how you assemble your invites. Can you post a pic?
    Posted by maggieandrey[/QUOTE]

I will try to post a picture later today, not sure how well it will show the gloss. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-need-your-helpopionion-on-my-rsvp-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:9d765776-b51d-4463-aaad-d604f15439a3Post:107ba7a7-b194-4a64-81ea-bd13a8ff10a5">Re: I Need your help/opionion on my rsvp. please</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are you able to write on the glossy card? Try writing with a pen on one of the RSVP cards and see how it looks. If it smears easily or if you have a hard time writing on them, I would order a new batch with a different type of paper.
    Posted by melanieky[/QUOTE]

Great point, I hadn't even considered that, I just assemed that because the paper was different that it would need to be re-done so they all matched. I will try a few different pens like you ladies suggested, but as I am thinking about the fancier pens may smear..
  • If it's a postcard, one side should be matte. Is the side people need to write on glossy or matte?

We had matte invitations and postcrad rsvps, it looked just fine together
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-need-your-helpopionion-on-my-rsvp-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:9d765776-b51d-4463-aaad-d604f15439a3Post:1f3fc840-fa24-47ef-9c77-931d402bf817">Re: I Need your help/opionion on my rsvp. please</a>:
    [QUOTE]If it's a postcard, one side should be matte. Is the side people need to write on glossy or matte? We had matte invitations and postcrad rsvps, it looked just fine together
    Posted by amymaysa[/QUOTE]

yeah, one side is matte and one is glossy. and the side they write on is on the glossy side.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards