Ohio-Cleveland

What do you think of when you hear "Toledo, Ohio"?

Hello lovely Cleveland ladies :)

I am getting married in Toledo, OH and we will be having many guests from OOT.  We are having welcome bags at the hotels for them, but I am looking for outsiders views of what I should include in them.  I am assuming most of you have been to Toledo at some point.  Is there anything that is "Toledo" to you?  Thanks all!!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: What do you think of when you hear "Toledo, Ohio"?

• JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My DH is actually from that area. The first thing that comes to mind is the Mudhens baseball team! (And, the Toledo Walleye hockey team, but DH's buddy works for them, so I'm aware of them -- maybe others aren't?)

Carruth artwork would be a nice addition. I know there are inexpensive little pieces you can get -- magnets that come in a 3 pack that are adorable and you could put one in each bag. The Carruth shop would have them, but I think Andersons carries them, too?

Also, Toledo is known as the 'glass city', right? So, something made of glass would be appropriate. And, Tony Paco's... I know I've seen TP's jars of peppers and such in grocery stores. Um... the Toledo zoo is very nice. And, there's a butterfly house in I think Swanton(?), but I've not been.

Does that help?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • July2012brideJuly2012bride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto JK...I immediately think of Tony Paco's and University of Toledo (but maybe that's because my dad is an alum).

I like the idea of something made from glass, I think that would be cool...especially if you tied a ribbon with a tag explaining that Toledo is the glass city, etc.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Great, thanks all!!

And JK, you got married on my 21st birthday :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • skippylouwhoskippylouwho member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I believe Tony Packo's has filed bankruptcy and may be closed. Family dispute. I've read some about it in the Blade (I read a ton of newspapers online each day, I'm a news junkie) but I didn't really keep up with exactly what is going on there - if they are still open, it would be good to include something from there or coupons to use to eat there.
  • skippylouwhoskippylouwho member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is also where Jeeps are made, you could put Jeep trinkets in - if you could find say bottle openers or something with the Jeep logo.  Jamie Farr from MASH is from Toledo, he hosts an LPGA gold tournament there every year that's a pretty big deal.

Libby Glass is there and has an outlet store.
  • bsv2bebsv2be member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    tony pacos!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards