Honeymoon Discussions

BORA BORA BOUND!!!

FI and I booked our honeymoon... 2 weeks in BORA BORA!! One week at the Hilton and the second at the Four Seasons!

Anyone know of any must do activities on the island?

WE CAN NOT WAIT!!!!

:D

Re: BORA BORA BOUND!!!

• Congrats! I've stayed at the Hilton previously, but not at the Four Seasons (yet, anyway!) Definitely pick up a copy of Jan Prince's Tahiti and French Polynesia Guide. 2 weeks is a long time to be on one island in French Polynesia, so you'll want to be armed with all of the activity and dining options. There are quite a few girls on here who are going for their HMs. I myself have been to French Polynesia quite a few times, so let us know if you have any questions!

• We are going there as well for 2 weeks but splitting our time.....Moorea first then Bora Bora.  We will also be at the Hilton.  When are you going?
  • Awesome! You're going to have a great time.

Definitely recommend getting dinner at Villa Mahana: 
    (you probably need to reserve 2-3 months in advance, ask for the top table)

As far as activities, we did spa at our hotel (Intercontinental Thalasso), jet ski, and 4x4 safari. I would recommend all but not the safari. I saw couples rented a small buggy car to go around the island (or you can bike too).
  • Awesome!! We will definitely look into getting that book!

We are going next July!  We were planning on doing Moorea for a week then Bora Bora but decided ot just try to different resorts at Bora Bora, you will have to let me know how you liked it!!  When are you going?

Thanks for the blog, we will definitely check it out!  We have been trying to research restaurants so thanks for the rec!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_bora-bora-bound?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:2de64d14-92bf-4a9c-bf82-27155a194683Post:99bc2c72-3675-4074-b1b0-3257466cfb8e">Re: BORA BORA BOUND!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Awesome! You're going to have a great time. I posted trip report on our blog:  <a href="http://darcela.blogspot.com/2010/06/honeymoon-in-french-polynesia.html" rel="nofollow">http://darcela.blogspot.com/2010/06/honeymoon-in-french-polynesia.html</a> <strong>Definitely recommend getting dinner at Villa Mahana:</strong>  (you probably need to reserve 2-3 months in advance, ask for the top table) As far as activities, we did spa at our hotel (Intercontinental Thalasso), jet ski, and 4x4 safari. I would recommend all but not the safari. I saw couples rented a small buggy car to go around the island (or you can bike too).
    Posted by msaputra[/QUOTE]

Can you provide a rough estimate of what to expect in terms of cost for dinner at Villa Mahana?  I'm on the fence as I've heard it's very expensive and we've already spent a ton for this honeymoon. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_bora-bora-bound?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:2de64d14-92bf-4a9c-bf82-27155a194683Post:8bb2aefd-9a8b-4fe4-9ab7-76ba5a31bac4">Re: BORA BORA BOUND!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: BORA BORA BOUND!!! : Can you provide a rough estimate of what to expect in terms of cost for dinner at Villa Mahana?  I'm on the fence as I've heard it's very expensive and we've already spent a ton for this honeymoon. 
    Posted by JoanE2012[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>It was quite expensive, I don't remember exactly but I think it was around USD 200-250 for both of us. However, most food in Bora Bora is quite expensive, dinner at our hotel could easily cost USD 100 per person (if you get appetizer, entree, dessert), so considering that, the price at Villa Mahana is not that much more.</div><div>
    </div>
  • That's what we figured most meals would be there. Did you and your husband have any meals included?  Ours includes breakfast and we were wondering if we could just take some of the fruit and items back to the room with us to snack on during the day.  Did you pay around that much for every dinner you had?  Were there any other restaurants we should look into?  We talked about going ahead and making our reservation for the top table at Villa Mahana, we are so excited about that! :)
  • I am the queen of avoiding some of the outrageous food costs there. I usually bring some powdered gatorade or Crystal Light with me, as well as granola bars or non-melting candies. I then pick up liquor at duty free in LA. Upon arrival into whatever island I'm going to, I stop at the market and pick up additional snacks, juice, and soda. They also have fresh baguettes every day! Not every room has a fridge that you can use, so be sure to figure out where the ice machine is or have room service bring some to you once-twice a day. If there is a fridge, you can buy spreadable cheese or butter for the bread. You can definitely bring fruit back from breakfast and you can also from time to time order room service breakfast for one. The size of it is usually more than enough for two! Check to see what the surcharge is for room service, if there is one. When I stayed at the Hilton, they did not have an extra fee for room service with that particular promo. For lunch, you can eat the leftover breakfast, baguettes, granola bars, or snacks. Dinner is hard to avoid, but can be your splurge each day. I admittedly usually eat all of my snacks and whatnot at non-meal times, so I usually still end up paying full price for every meal. I'm really not a drinker, so that saves a ton. Drinks at the hotel bars are obscene! Bora Bora isn't the best island for avoiding high priced restaurants (Moorea has some better lower priced options), but there are a few roulette type places (snack shacks or vans). Last time I was in Bora Bora in 2010 I didn't dine off property, so not sure if anything I mentioned would be up to date. I dined about when I was there in 2004 and the big places at the time were Bloody Mary's (touristy) and Top Dive. Since you are staying on a motu for the entire trip, the hotel can arrange reservations for you and the restaurant will pick you up at the boat dock. Just tip the driver each way.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_bora-bora-bound?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:2de64d14-92bf-4a9c-bf82-27155a194683Post:ca939082-fd5a-4fe6-8eee-deb45fe0e09e">Re: BORA BORA BOUND!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's what we figured most meals would be there. Did you and your husband have any meals included?  Ours includes breakfast and we were wondering if we could just take some of the fruit and items back to the room with us to snack on during the day.  Did you pay around that much for every dinner you had?  Were there any other restaurants we should look into?  We talked about going ahead and making our reservation for the top table at Villa Mahana, we are so excited about that! :)
    Posted by BeamingBride22Be[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Jells had given you some great advice. I'll add my 2 cents based on our trip :p</div><div>We had breakfast and dinner included as part of our travel package for Bora Bora, which SAVED us a lot of money. But if I remember correctly the prices would be around $100 for 3 courses per person otherwise. Since we got the dinner package, we didn't venture elsewhere for dinner except for Villa Mahana, so I'm not sure how much dinner is at other places. </div><div>
    </div><div>Breakfast is buffet and is HUGE, and can probably fill you until late lunch. We usually share 1-2 small things for lunch and lunch prices are not too bad since it's usually just burgers/pizza, etc. 

</div><div>Enjoy your honeymoon and dinner at Villa Mahana :)</div>
  • FI and I are strongly considering Bora Bora right now (top choice!) for our May honeymoon.  There is some great info here, thanks!

Janie

• Ahhhh I am SO jealous, that was our dream location but just can't afford it right now. Congrats!!
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
    4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards