Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Getting married by Twins??? Thoughts?

My FI has a pair of cousins who happen to be identicle twins that he is close with.  They introduced us and three years later sold us our first home.
FI wants them to marry us.  I think that is a great idea, but we can't ask just one....so, can we ask both?  Is that way too......strange???
Thoughts?

June 1, 2013 - finally making it official!

Re: Getting married by Twins??? Thoughts?

• Are they even qualified to perform marriages?
  • 2 officiants seems like overkill.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_getting-married-by-twins-thoughts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:102ab571-0023-462f-810c-70c527340501Post:8758853b-03e7-4c92-9a10-a0efe2c15b39">Re: Getting married by Twins??? Thoughts?</a>:
    [QUOTE]2 officiants seems like overkill.
    Posted by HobokenBride2012[/QUOTE]

I've seen it before in interfaith marriages, and even at a wedding whether the couple was of the same religion but belonged to different houses of worship and wanted officiants from both congregations (the wedding was at a hotel).

But in this case, I'm not sure why two officiants would be necessary.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_getting-married-by-twins-thoughts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:102ab571-0023-462f-810c-70c527340501Post:e0b30414-97b6-4cb4-8bcc-dea9304ba6e4">Re: Getting married by Twins??? Thoughts?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Getting married by Twins??? Thoughts? : I've seen it before in interfaith marriages, and even at a wedding whether the couple was of the same religion but belonged to different houses of worship and wanted officiants from both congregations (the wedding was at a hotel). But in this case, I'm not sure why two officiants would be necessary.
    Posted by Jen4948[/QUOTE]

I should have been more clear.  With the exception of 2 officiants from different faiths, 2 officiants is overkill. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • One of my friends from high school had her identical twin brothers marry them and it went really well.  Don't be afraid of straying from the norm if it's what you want!
    White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker 168 invited image | 61 are coming image | 10 can't make it image | 97 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: March 9th
  • Sure, why not? It's different, but there's nothing wrong with it. As long as you are not hurting or offending anyone you can plan your wedding however you'd like.
  • I agree with AndreaJulia. Why not! Then again I'm having two officiants. My dads best friend is a priest but he's not at our parish. Hes been in my life forever, hes more of an "uncle" than dads friend. So we will have our pastor and my dads best friend on the alter marrying us.
  • Are you wanting both of them because both of them introduced you or because you see them as a package deal?

• Haha!  I know, I thought two of them might be overkill too.  We want both of them because they have both been equally involved in our lives, not because of the "twin" thing.  I just don't want it to come of "hokey".  They are not ordained, they would have to have that done.  We are only asking both because we really can't pick one without feeling the other is left out and slighted.  As I stated before, they both have been equally involved, so to pick one over the other would be like doing a coin toss. Thanks for the input :)

• thank you!  That is very helpful!

• I've never heard of the Wedding Police driving up, blowing their whistle, and taking the bride or groom to jail for breaking away from tradition.  :)  That said, I will share with you what so many keep saying to me "It's is YOUR wedding." "It is YOUR day."  "It is YOUR memory."  Please don't create a situation that you may regret later.  That said, my personal opinion is having two very important people in your lives be involved in one of the most special ways would be an amazingly beautiful touch.  They can seperate out the responsibilities (i.e. one helps with the vows, the other helps with the rings, etc.)  Tag team officiants!  I know how much it means to me that one of my very best friends in the world is officiating our wedding.  Go for it girl!!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards