New York-Hudson Valley

The Grandview in Poughkeepsie - after party venues & hotels blocks

Getting married at the Grandview next October & we have the tented reception, party needs to end at 10:30.  We have a ton of out of towners who will defintely want to continue the party for a little bit. Looking for an after party venue that is either in or near a decent hotel we can do a room block at. Already researched Shadows & the POK grand & they will not work. any suggestions?

Re: The Grandview in Poughkeepsie - after party venues & hotels blocks

• Riss91Riss91 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Ha! I was going to suggest those two! We went to the lounge at the Grand afterwards ourselves and then when that closed, most of our guests walked down to the train station and went to the bar there. I thought these were great because no one will need to drive.

What about Shadows/The Grand won't work? That might help me think of another option for you.
  • ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i know Mahoney's (at the train station and down the street from the grand and grandview) has a private room. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We're going to Mahoney's afterwards.  It's a walk from the Pok Grand, where hotel rooms are included and suggested if you book at the Grand/Grandview.  Hope that helps!  I'll let you know how Mahoney's is in one week!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been to the bar part of mahoney's...it is alot of fun.  they have bands and it is a great bar...you guys will enjoy it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

It sounds like you have a specific idea of what you want.  Can you give us more information?

I've been to two weddings at the Grandview, both ended the night at Shadows afterwards.  It was just so convenient and the shuttle came to pick us up afterwards so no one had to drive or pay a taxi.
    My other suggestion would be Mahoney's.

• ajtie868ajtie868 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies!  I originally wanted Shadows for the convenience I also had lunch there when I first went to see the Grandview & loved the space and food. After i was told by a co-worker who lives close by that on saturdays they now turn it into a club with go-go dancers etc. Not sure my 80+ yr old grandpa and the other older fam members will appreciate that. And believe it or not its the older gen in my family that are all about the after party lol :)  For a similiar reason i was told to skip mahoneys b/c, yes it is fun but a very young crowd that might not work. But if they do have that private room mentioned avialable that may do the trick.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards