September 2012 Weddings

Seating Chart?? - Question!

Hi All,

Question about seating and numbering the tables... Do the brides family typically sit at the odd number tables and then the groom's family sit at the even number?

How are you girls working out table numbering? I don't think it's that big of a deal, but who knows?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Seating Chart?? - Question!

• Our venue supplied us with a layout that they would do with the number of tables we needed. It had numbers assigned so we just put the groups where we wanted them to sit. It was actually really easy, and this way the venue staff already know where table 1 is, etc for people with dietary restrictions, etc.

Perhaps speak to your venue to see if they have something similar?  Might save you some work. :)
  • I've never heard of the evens/odd thing.  I get a room layout from my venue this weekend and then I'll be numbering tables with "one" being the table all the way to the left but closest to the door and chronologically from there.  Nothing makes less sense than when table 2 isn't near 1 and 3.  The more orderly they are the shorter it will take for people to find their seats. 
  • We also just got a lay out and have been grouping people together. We are doing numbers and names of building we went to college at. Definitely make it as easy as possible for your guests to find their seat so dinner can get on the way and then it's party time!
  • I never heard of the even/odd thing.  The venue gave us a lay out and we went off of that
  • working on my layout too! our tables are already numbered and it's an even/odd thing too.. even on one side, odd on the other. my mom was all about being at table 1, so that's how i figured who went on what side, lol.
    -kristine!

image 233 made the cut!
    image 186 are ready to party!
    image 47 are party poopers!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards