South Carolina-Charleston

SC Photography

Hello ladies! 
I've just recently gotten engaged and I'm very early in my wedding planning. I'm trying to break everything down into categories because I've already learned that wedding planning can be a bit overwhelming! I believe that we've settled on having the wedding in Charleston, SC. =] I've already been contacted by several photographers and I'm not sure which one to choose! Does anyone know of or has worked with any reputable photographers/videographers in SC? 
Thanks in advance! 
Daisypath Vacation tickers

Re: SC Photography

• edited December 2011
    there are so many amazing photographers in charleston- alot of it depends on your budget for photography.. but here are a few of my favorites!

A Charleston Wedding {if you're on a major budget}
    Hyer Images
    Juliet Elizabeth Photography
    King Street Studios
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info! :)
  • peachykeen808peachykeen808 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree. It depends on your budget, but I have decided on TillmanBranch Photography.

Good Luck!
  • kje120kje120 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would advise against A Charleston Wedding.  They fit in our budget, but I am very disappointed in our pictures.  I wish I would have listened to the previous brides who had some negative reviews about them.  Just my two cents!
  • nfguthrienfguthrie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Gary Killough, www.sandlapperphotography.com, he is very nice and low key and even more budget friendly than A Charleston Wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    @Peachykeen808 - I was actually contacted by TillmanBranch and they're in my top five. What made you decide to go with them? 

@Kestock120 - Your dress was beautiful! Thanks for the tip. I did take a look at some of their photography and wasn't too impressed. Did you get married in Charleston? I'm thinking of having the wedding there, but I'm not too sure about exactly where... there are so many churches! 

@nfguthrie - Thanks! I'm taking a look at the website now! 
  • edited December 2011
    My FI and I have booked King Street Studios for our wedding (www.kingstreetstudios.com). We have a great rapport with Todd and Reese, and they did great work with us on pricing.

That said, there are a LOT of awesome photographers in the area. Quote with a few of them, talk to them on the phone and see who you click with!

GL! :)
    tiffandshel.tumblr.com
    www.tiffandshel.com/wedding

Photobucket

Anniversary
  • nbystrynbystry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you can afford her book with Juliet Elizabeth Photography. Well worth the money. Love her!
  • peachykeen808peachykeen808 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I booked with TillmanBranch bc their pics were simply beautiful! Mike is wonderful and stands behind his work 100 percent. There were no hidden cost and they were in our budget. The best thing to do is to set up appointments with the ones you are considering so that you can compare and book who you want bc the good ones go fast!

• bambijamesonbambijameson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went with Chi Photography mainly because of my budget and the fact that she was williing work with me and I just felt comfortable.  www.ChildCreations.com. Good Luck!!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for the tips, ladies! I've narrowed my options down to TillmanBranch and Chi. This decision is so tough because I love them both! Ah! 
  • gervase223gervase223 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My photographer is Shannon Michele and I loooove her! She's sweet and easy to work with and also has an artistic eye for backdrops and colors and capturing candid moments. She's doing our wedding on Sept. 4, 2010, but she's already done our engagement session. You can see it at her blog: http://shannonmichelephotographyblog.com/

Good luck!
    Gervase
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards