African American Weddings

Who gon' check me boo?

I just had to put my FI in his place...lol. He had the nerve to try to check me on why the hostesses don't have to wear identical dresses. Number 1...they are wearing black...it isn't hard to find a nice black dress. Number 2...they are identical freaking twins...grown ones at that...they nor I want them in identical dresses although they said they would if I wanted them too. I told him while he was trying to add drama and stress where there was none, he could:

-pick up some of this guest list stress and track down his non-responders
-check with the hotels to see if we need to add more room
-give me the song for his dance with his grandmother that I've been begging for
-proofread the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner invite
-sign some daggum checks to pay these last three vendors off
-pick out some shoes for his daughter

Bet he won't try me like THAT again. There is plenty more where this came from...
AAW June Siggy Challenge
My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Who gon' check me boo?

• edited December 2011
    Giiiiiiiiirl...he really tried me! Then had the nerve to say (as he often does when he doesn't get his way), "Cool...just tell me what time to show up."

I'm trying though! LOL...

By the way, I LOVE the new siggy pic. Y'all look great and SO in love!
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Tell em Boo I am not mad at you at all. LOL I would be the same dag on way. Be off the "oh really oh okay well why we are on questions let me get my list out."
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL too funny I am sure he will think twice before he does that again. Hangs head in shame and walks away! lol
  • TNMurrayTNMurray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_gon-check-boo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:339018b7-cc27-4ad5-802b-55bf1a453142Post:ac5b27b8-c2ef-4d34-bbf7-e9e32ee971fc">Who gon' check me boo?</a>:
    [QUOTE]. I told him while he was trying to add drama and stress where there was none, he could:   -pick up some of this guest list stress and track down his non-responders -check with the hotels to see if we need to add more room -give me the song for his dance with his grandmother that I've been begging for -proofread the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner invite -sign some daggum checks to pay these last three vendors off -pick out some shoes for his daughter <strong>Bet he won't try me like THAT again. There is plenty more where this came from...</strong>
    Posted by eagles347[/QUOTE]

lol!!!! he didn't know any better than to mess with you... get him girl!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    LOL...I am still shaking my head at him, but it's all good. No love lost. He is sending me mushy text messages now and like 6 RSVPs came electronically within the last half hour. Score! One point for me...none for him. :) I love that no one else sees this side of him, but me. He loves being a "tough guy"...lol.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
  • tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aww, leave Cam alone! LOL!

SO... my dear, sweet, loving husband has given the responsibility of picking the GM wear to one of his GM! lol. I'm like... whatever dude, just make sure yall look good. This Negro! The ONE thing I ask him to do, he delegates it to someone else. Oh well, at least GM has good taste!
  • edited December 2011
    "Who gon' check me boo?".....LOL. I'm sorry...I had to laugh at that. My FI loves that part!

Aww...you know we gotta crack the whip on these men every now & then!! Next time, just look at him (mean eyes), walk away, & slam something on the way out.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_gon-check-boo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:339018b7-cc27-4ad5-802b-55bf1a453142Post:ed2c65b0-e7c5-459a-b11d-bb06566b30df">Re: Who gon' check me boo?</a>:
    [QUOTE]"Who gon' check me boo?".....LOL. I'm sorry...I had to laugh at that. My FI loves that part! Aww...you know we gotta crack the whip on these men every now & then!! <strong>Next time, just look at him (mean eyes), walk away, & slam something on the way out</strong>.
    Posted by lil01[/QUOTE]

Ahh...I like this! *makes mental note*

@ Ty - I'm rolling over here. That's funny. I wish Cam would try that.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
  • edited December 2011
    Lol

Get your Pregnancy Tickers

Baby Gender Predictor

• cyndoncyndon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I feel you Eagles! Sometimes we have to go there.  They just don't seem to understand how stressful this process is, especially when it gets down to the wire.  We surely don't need their added stressful commentary.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I feel you on that one. I'm trying to work, go to school and plan a wedding at the same time lol. I told my fiance at the beginning of the year he can either help or hush. Luckily his stepped up to help me more and stop complaining :). There's nothing wrong with putting the men in their place when it due, get it!
  • edited December 2011
    Oh... u are so funny.. I would lol but im at work.
    I maybe on the same road if my fi don't up his participation, they just don't know, I WILL GO THERE Yell

jamaica
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_gon-check-boo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:339018b7-cc27-4ad5-802b-55bf1a453142Post:94650326-7157-44bb-847c-cd754674a709">Re: Who gon' check me boo?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel you on that one.<strong> I'm trying to work, go to school and plan a wedding at the same time</strong> lol. I told my fiance at the beginning of the year he can <strong>either help or hush</strong>. Luckily his stepped up to help me more and stop complaining :). There's nothing wrong with putting the men in their place when it due, get it!
    Posted by Mrs.Polynice[/QUOTE]

Are we the same person or are we just sharing the same brain? If no one else understands this...I definitely do! Help or hush! He's in trouble now...lol.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you. I Love him to death even when he makes me mad! They know how to bring it out of us. Smh!
  • EsquireJLEsquireJL member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't know you had that in you Eagles lol! You're always so syrupy sweet! LOL!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards