Wedding Etiquette Forum

Name-Calling (Poll)

What does your FI/H call you when addressing you? Does he use your actual name, nickname, term of endearment, or just "hey you?"

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko

Re: Name-Calling (Poll)

• He either calls me Alix or babe most of the time.
  • He calls me 'bug' a lot. It is gagworthy but I love it.
  • He either calls me Linz or (embarassingly) Linny Bears.  I can't remember the last time he called me Lindsey.
  • It depends on his mood.  Sometimes it's my full first name, sometimes it's my first name shortened, sometimes it's a pet name of some sort.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • It's funny, but he almost never uses my name. When he does, it always catches me by surprise. We usually say "Hey you" when addressing the other, although I call him "cutie cute cute." (Yeah, I know)

When we're in a group, he'll call me Sarah, but otherwise he doesn't really. He's not opposed to saying my name, but since we're usually alone together, I know he's talking to me. He'd sure as hell never address the guinea pigs directly :P

I wish he'd call me by a pet name, but that's just not his style!
  • He calls me Skirts, and I call him Pants (long story as to how we got there)....we hardly ever refer to each other by our first names. And when we do, it sounds weird.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Secretary Finemiller - LOL.  It's so annoying. 
  • He calls me Kiddo.

Photobucket
  • Potatoe (not sure why), Samantha when im being a bitch/annoying, Samantha Mean (play on last name) if im being a bitch to someone else, Sammi if hes in a good mood, Sam normally, Babe and Hon once in a while too.
  • NuggetBrainNuggetBrain member
    First Comment
    edited February 2010
    He calls me Nugget, or Nuge, which is a private nickname for us.  And I guess for you guys too.  When he's mad or trying to get my attention he'll call me by my nickname that everybody calls me.  When he's REAL mad then I get called by my full first name.  Which I hate.

Sometimes he calls me baby or hon.

I call him Noodle or Monkey. 

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Haha, poli and rach, it definitely feels weird when H uses mine too. We never use our real names for each other. It's always something like Sweet Pea for me or something involving 4-letter words (we shittalk a lot). Sometimes we'll use each others names just to creep the other person out. But I use his name to talk to everyone else. It's nice to know that others have the same weirdness about it.

Stack, your nickname is awesome. Nebb, your H is pretty creative too!

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • "love", "hun", "babe", "nanners"

not much real name action.
  • Bec around most people, Rebecca around his parents, and he uses "Well, hello there Mrs. W-----." when he greets me over the phone. That's my favorite.
  • edited February 2010
    I honestly can't remember the last time FI called me by my actual name.  His nickname for me is Hootie the Owl because when I zone out my eyes bulge out like an owl.  So he always calls me some variation of that (Hootie, H.T., Owl, etc).

ETA: This is true even in public.  His best man also now calls me Hootie.
  • usually either my name or "hey." sometimes "honey." I'm more the type to use terms of endearment than he is.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • Usually just my name.  If he calls me "sweetheart", he's usually saying it in a condescending tone and I give him hell for that, so much so that now it's a joke.  We don't really have nicknames for each other.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We both use a whole collection of nicknames. He calls me sweetie, cutie, pretty or some variation on that, princess, baby, and a bunch of other stuff. I use those, and also darling or dearest (because I like to be old-fashioned), and Charlie Buttons. I don't know why I call him Charlie Buttons. I just do.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • To other people he refers to me as T, but he'll normally call me Babe, Love, or Darlin.  Or, if I'm annoyed with him, he'll string multiple pet names together which both irritates the mess out of me and makes me laugh.

I call him Redhead, Kid, or Doll.
  • It's a variety. Sometimes it's just "wife/husband/spouse" and sometimes well call each other by our middle names.

He tends to call me Yessica and I tend to call him Thazzle Dazzle.
  • FI loves to make up nicknames for me. I think he uses a different one everyday. Since I'm the only one home, I assume he is talking to me. Some of is favorites lately: Schmoopy, Baby Kitten Poo (EW!), Baby Caterpillar. I admit, he is a special man.

I call him "sweetheart", Maybe I need to be more creative.

My ex used to call me Sweety Pie, and then shortened it to Miss Pie. He was Mr. Pie, and his little girl was Cutie Pie or Baby Pie. It was all very sickening sweet, but I still call his little girl BabyPie sometimes. I don't think she remembers where that name came from.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • So I guess it's bad that I often call my husband, "Hey, Asshole!"
  • Mark calls me by many names:

Jerry
    Beans
    Boo
    Farbs/Farb'n'getti (WTF?)

I call him "M" or sometimes "vac" - a play on his last name.
  • Usually babe, hon or honey... I never realized how much so we use these until my friends got on my back about it. They're all used to it now- but it really comes out when we are angry "BABE! why did you DO that??"
    *~allie~*

• Always babe.  Names in public, though.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • usually babe, dear, darling, sweetie. Sometimes Mooshy, but thats just because of an inside joke. It has gotten to the point where hearing my real name from him is strange.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    156image 108image 48image RSVP Due 5/18
    New Bio
  • it started out as "Love," but now I am officially called "Loaf." Why? I have no idea, but it's stuck :)
  • He usually call me "Darlin"

Me: Honey bunches of O's
    Him:Yes my little Cashew

And our personal nicknames for one another he's Sven, I'm Gretchen.
    His daughter just realized that Sven is embroidered on his robe.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • FI calls me baby most of the time. I like it a lot, for some reason. We have lots of silly names for eachother too, most of which involve curse words. We have even more nicknames for the dogs.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_name-calling-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d336f854-46d4-47a1-adbb-518d17121a31Post:49b92d28-84a5-4e89-97ab-7be3b581776b">Re: Name-Calling (Poll)</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I guess it's bad that I often call my husband, "Hey, Asshole!"
    Posted by sarabellam[/QUOTE]

Don't worry sara. I call H a shitbitch, but he calls me that too. It's always with a smile though.

• We call each other Lover most of the time.

He used to call me peanut and I LOVED it for some reason, but he doesn't anymore :( I told him and he still doesn't do it!
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards