Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Unique Reception Site

Hi everyone!  I've been engaged since November and we're planning an Aug 2013 wedding.  I've been researching reception sites for a while and I just can't find something I love.  We want something different than the usual Phipps/Museum/Zoo.  We've looked at the New Hazlett, but its a little too small for our 200 person guest list.  Any suggestions?  We'd like to keep all reception costs (venue, food, linens/table rental) under $20000, and I'd love an indoor/outdoor option.  Also, we're Jewish so church venues are out (except for Church Brew Works- I'm calling there tomorrow!)

Re: Unique Reception Site

• The lodge at North Park has a large outdoor area, and the lodge itself is nice and rustic. I'm not sure if the inside would hold 200 people, but the outdoor area is large. 
  • cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    mayernik center maybe?
  • An indoor option is the Syria Mossque in Cheswick. They have a outdoor picnice are but for weddings I would suggest in doors. They have a very large room and it perfect for your size, because we have a very large wedding!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Check out the Pittsburgh Opera House in the Strip!  We looked into it but unfortunately it wasn't quite big enough for us (we were inviting around 200 also).  Even though it might be tight, it's worth it to at least take a look!   It's pretty cool!
  • PNC Park! our reception will be there in november and whenever i tell anyone about it they are surprised! even if you're not into baseball, their reception areas are awesome. you may be at the upper end of your budget there but i think it would be worth a look for sure! they have multiple rooms, ours is in the lexus club. the nice thing is that you dont need to have a separate venue/caterer/linen source, they have everything.  that was a requirement for me since i didnt want to have to deal with so many vendors.  the only problem would be if the pirates are playing at home on the date you want.  you could look into the heinz field facilities as well, their club level is awesome (i have been there for Pitt games and have seen some photos of receptions there).

we also looked at Pitt's university club. the ballroom there is beautiful! but that is a more traditional kind of place.

good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jjn1441jjn1441 member
    First Comment
    I am booking Succop Conservatory. Its in Butler. It is beautiful and fairly priced. It comes out to about $65 a person. 
  • Greystone fields is nice and different. We booked there for June 2013
  • We are looking into J Vernos studios in southside very different and a friend of ours had thier wedding there amazing.
  • MrT723MrT723 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_unique-reception-site?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:0cb5b6dc-7697-4846-a502-915137ef7283Post:670780fb-0eeb-4b86-8185-0b4ed4edc566">Re: Unique Reception Site</a>:
    [QUOTE]Greystone fields is nice and different. We booked there for June 2013
    Posted by shaygray7[/QUOTE]

<div>If you don't mind me asking, what is the pricing like for Greystone Fields?</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We had our reception on the Gateway Clipper!  It was indoor/outdoor.  We got so many compliments from our guests on how it was the best wedding they have been to! 
  • It's between 67k but you can bring everything else in your food and liquor
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_unique-reception-site?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:0cb5b6dc-7697-4846-a502-915137ef7283Post:d45fd06c-9bb1-4f99-8311-4f69328b0066">Unique Reception Site</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi everyone!  I've been engaged since November and we're planning an Aug 2013 wedding.  I've been researching reception sites for a while and I just can't find something I love.  We want something different than the usual Phipps/Museum/Zoo.  We've looked at the New Hazlett, but its a little too small for our 200 person guest list.  Any suggestions?  We'd like to keep all reception costs (venue, food, linens/table rental) under $20000, and I'd love an indoor/outdoor option.  Also, we're Jewish so church venues are out (except for Church Brew Works- I'm calling there tomorrow!)
    Posted by hendersonar[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>DId you end up calling the Church Brew Works for your reception?  I am also considering it, but can't find any references about how they handle weddings.

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards