Pre-wedding Parties

Re: Shower

• Options
    danieliza1127danieliza1127 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    It is common etiquette to get small gifts for the shower hostesses but 12 people?!  That is a lot.  I would probably just do hand written thank you cards, but give them on the day of the shower, not after the fact.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Clare13Clare13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would suggest getting them a small token gift.  Although it is not necessary, it is a great gesture.  Think bath salts, shower gel, etc.  A little something will go a long way with the thank you card.  You should be able to pick something up for just a few dollars.  I was able to find unbrella's for under $4.00 a piece and I have 11 shower hosts.  For all the work it takes to throw me a party, I want to show my appreciation. 
  • Options
    WGachesWGaches member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I made all of my hostesses kitchen angels in their kitchen colors.... it was inexpensive (ended up about $4 per angel) and they really loved them... you can google kitchen angel to find out how to do it. Of course, your circle of friends may not be into that type of thing, but the point is you don't have to go out and buy a ten dollar gift. You could even make each of them a tin of cookies with a lovely thank you note.
    *Jeremiah 29:11* SoyFreeBlog
  • Options
    agoldhammeragoldhammer member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Normally I would say you definetaly need to get a small gift for the hostess, but 12 is out of control. Make it easy on yourself. If the shower is at someone's house, bring a beautiful bouquet of flowers for the person who lives there. During the shower, say you would like to make a small toast to "the wonderful group of ladies who took the time to host the lovely shower,"and then when you write your thank you notes, distinctly include that you appreciated their effort on the day.

Another idea, which is my go-to for hostess gifts is soap. Head to a Marshalls or TJMaxx where they have beautiful fancy soap for about $3-$5 each. It's small, but a great gift as people don't usually by fancy soap for themselves!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you is Key, but spending 10 dollars on each that is insane.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yea I would much prefer a thank you note if you can't give them more than a $10 gift. What can you get with $10? Nothing I would want. Just write a heartfelt note; it would mean a lot more.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards