Georgia-Atlanta

Venues in/around Athens?

Hi folks, I'm recently engaged and planning a wedding on a strict budget. Does anyone know of any beautiful places in or around Athens that are budget friendly for a wedding with about 150 guests?

Thanks!

Re: Venues in/around Athens?

• The botanical gardens and Day Chapel are absolutely beautiful! I'm not sure about how the price falls, but know that they do offer discount prices for off-days (mid-week, Sundays). They do book up pretty quickly though! Another place to look into would be the Thompson House in Bogart. You are allowed to bring your own caterer so may be a bit easier on the budget.
    Hope this helps!
  • Thanks for the tip! I'm on the waiting list at the Botanical Gardens and I just emailed The Thompson House!
  • It's not especially beautiful, but we're getting married in Elberton, GA, which is about 45 mins east of Athens. It's a cute little town with a nice downtown area, a few nice parks, and the country club, which we are paying just $150 for the venue fee. They have a required caterer but she quoted us at about $15/person for BBQ, fried chicken, 3 sides, and non alcoholic drinks. 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • I've been to a wedding at the Elbert County Country club--it was beautiful!

I check the Thompson house and their rate was $5100 for a Saturday or $4100 for a Sunday....that's out of my budget for a venue, but it looks beautiful!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards