Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

What would you choose?

So, if you could order only one of the following food items at a reception you were going to what would you choose?

Re: What would you choose?

• edited December 2011

If you are going to have the same meal for everyone, then I wouldn't suggest any seafood in case someone has an allergy to shellfish.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I went with filiet and shirmp only because I didn't know what kind of fish it would be (I pick salmon everytime).  I agree with the pp though about the shellfish allergry.  If you are serving only one option the duet of filiet and shrimp would be a bad idea because someone with a shellfish allergy couldn't risk eating anything on the plate, it would all be contaminated. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    While I agree about the shellfish allergy, I think a duo of beef and chicken is much too heavy. If possible, I'd do a choice - like beef or seafood - with a vegetarian option as well.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    You also have to be careful with fish when it comes to the shellfish allergy.  One of my cousins is allergic to shellfish and has discovered that she also cannot eat any fish that feeds on shellfish, she will have a reaction. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards