Wedding Etiquette Forum

a poll. because it's boring in here.

1. what items do you recycle?
2. does your city have a curbside recycling program?
3. what's for lunch?
4. absolute favorite healthy snack?
5. absolute favorite really bad for you food/snack?

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
"This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
Miss
Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
being healthy. blog.

Re: a poll. because it's boring in here.

• 1. what items do you recycle? I actually don't know where any recycling centers are in my city, so I don't recycle paper, aluminum, etc, but I always take my clothes to our local women's crisis center. :-\
    2. does your city have a curbside recycling program? Nope.
    3. what's for lunch?
    I have no idea.
    4. absolute favorite healthy snack? I love granny smith apples.
    5. absolute favorite really bad for you food/snack? Lately, it's chips.
  • 1. what items do you recycle? Glass, plastic, paper, aluminum.  Pretty much everything.
    2. does your city have a curbside recycling program? I'm sure they do.  We live in a high rise though, so we just take it down to a recycling room.
    3. what's for lunch? Just finished breakfast not too long ago, so we're not really thinking about lunch.  I'm sure it will be leftovers though.  Vegetable Thai curry for me & teriyaki chicken for H.
    4. absolute favorite healthy snack? Hummus and carrots
    5. absolute favorite really bad for you food/snack?  Donuts with creme filling. 
  • 1. what items do you recycle? Cans, bottles, paper, cardboard.
    2. does your city have a curbside recycling program? yes
    3. what's for lunch? not sure, leftover habachi?
    4. absolute favorite healthy snack? grapes, raisins, strawberries.
    5. absolute favorite really bad for you food/snack? potato chips, and dip.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    1. what items do you recycle? plastic, paper, cans, glass, cardboard anything, tinfoil if I remember, green waste and yard waste.
    2. does your city have a curbside recycling program? we do - grey bin is for papers and cardboard, blue bin is for plastic, glass and tin - they alternate bi weekly. The green bin waste is taken once a week, as are yard waste bags.
    3. what's for lunch? turkey and wild rice soup, some almonds, 1/2 cup of cottage cheese and a pear
    4. absolute favorite healthy snack? Fruit
    5. absolute favorite really bad for you food/snack? CHIPS!!
  • 1. what items do you recycle? Wine bottles, paper bags, paper
    2. does your city have a curbside recycling program? No
    3. what's for lunch? Leftover mustard lemon chicken and caramelized onion dip with carrot chips
    4. absolute favorite healthy snack? 100 cal pack, string cheese or a Skinny Cow
    5. absolute favorite really bad for you food/snack? ice cream, tortilla dip and queso, cheese and crackers, peanut butter and chocolate chips....I could go on and on really ha
    Updated 1/17/11 imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_poll-because-its-boring-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3f325378-4c8e-4408-860e-5a8ec5d6683cPost:f4371e30-3f95-4a77-aadf-cbf8956eef05">a poll. because it's boring in here.</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. what items do you recycle? 2. does your city have a curbside recycling program? 3. what's for lunch? 4. absolute favorite healthy snack? 5. absolute favorite really bad for you food/snack?
    Posted by mandysmear[/QUOTE]

1.  Paper, glass, plastics, styrofoam, milk cartons, cardboard
    2. Yep.
    3.  I don't know.  I'm just discussing that in my head.
    4.  pretzels and hummus.
    5. Extraordinary cheese dip.  Or nacho cheese dip.  Mmmmm nacho cheese.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • 1. what items do you recycle? we do big cardboard, cans and bottles.
    2. does your city have a curbside recycling program? yes, but our complex does not.  in our house we will have it and i plan on recycling EVERYTHING.
    3. what's for lunch? left over slice of pizza.  i'm going to eat it soon though because i'm hungry.
    4. absolute favorite healthy snack? edamame beans
    5. absolute favorite really bad for you food/snack?  tortilla chips and queso - either made with real cheese or fake cheese. 

Miss
    being healthy. blog.
  • 1. what items do you recycle?
    None at the moment, which is really awful, since we live in a "green" apartment complex that provides recycling bins
    I'm not sure. I know all that we have to do here is take them to the clubhouse
    3. what's for lunch?
    I had an egg sandwhich at 11, so lunch will probably just be fruit and water
    red pepper hummus or watermelon
    white cheddar popcorn or peanut butter m&m's

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_poll-because-its-boring-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3f325378-4c8e-4408-860e-5a8ec5d6683cPost:f4371e30-3f95-4a77-aadf-cbf8956eef05">a poll. because it's boring in here.</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. what items do you recycle? 2. does your city have a curbside recycling program? 3. what's for lunch? 4. absolute favorite healthy snack? 5. absolute favorite really bad for you food/snack?

1. Cans, milk jugs, newspaper, cereal boxes and similar... anything that will fit into the bin they gave me.
    2. Yes
    3. Soup and salad
    4. Part skim mozzarella string cheese
    5. tortilla chips and guacamole.
    Abigail Rose, EDD 6/8/13 BabyFetus Ticker

Nose Job Blog
  • 1. what items do you recycle? nothing. My version of recycling is keeping sour cream containers, margarine containers, etc. to use as tupperware.
    2. does your city have a curbside recycling program? No. And I live in the boonies.
    3. what's for lunch? PULLED PORK SANDWICH!! I made them this weekend. SO delicious.
    4. absolute favorite healthy snack? berries
    5. absolute favorite really bad for you food/snack? chips and dip. Preferrably plain ruffles with philly dip - Dill Pickle.
  • 1. what items do you recycle? Paper, plastic, aluminum--we can't recycle glass in our city, which sucks
     2. does your city have a curbside recycling program? Yep, and it's free!
    3. what's for lunch?  I'm going to go make a sunnyside up egg with salt/pepper/cheese on an English muffin and a fruit salad.
    4. absolute favorite healthy snack? Lately, whole wheat pitas and hummus.
    5. absolute favorite really bad for you food/snack? Cool Ranch Doritos.  Or chocolate anything.

two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
    Anything we can, bottles, cans, paper, cardboard, plastic...
    Yes, pickup every second week!
    3. what's for lunch?
    Had a club house with poutine :)
    Fruit and light cheese
    Ruffles plain chips with onion dip (usually philly)
  • 1. what items do you recycle?  Everything that's recyclable, unless it's too icky or difficult to clean out (e.g., peanut butter jars).
    2. does your city have a curbside recycling program?  I think so, but I live in an apartment building that doesn't provide the bins, so I have to drive everything to a recycling center every few weeks. 
    3. what's for lunch?  I'm going to find a park and grill out with FI, if I can convince him to get off of the couch -- burgers for him, veggie burger for me.
    4. absolute favorite healthy snack?  Any kind of berry with greek yogurt and a drizzle of honey. 
    5. absolute favorite really bad for you food/snack
    ?  French fries, buttery mashed potatoes, hash browns . . . really, potatoes any way, shape, or form.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    It's very dead in TK, TN land today, so I'm going to play.

1. what items do you recycle? everything we can, paper, plastic, cans, styrofoam, green waste, yard waste.
    2. does your city have a curbside recycling program? yup, every week, with a limit to one garbage bag per household, and every other week in the spring and fall is unlimited green/yard waste collection.
    3. what's for lunch? 1/2 a can of tuna mixed w/ 1/2 an avocado, some lime juice and cilantro (fresh from my window sill) on a whole wheat english muffin.
    4. absolute favorite healthy snack? greek yogurt w/ honey and some fruit.
    5. absolute favorite really bad for you food/snack? chips.  of the potato and chocolate variety
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Whatever we can - glass, paper, plastic, cans.  Anything they will take.  I also bring bags of paper and boxes home from work since they do not recycle and it drives me crazy with how much recyclables we throw away there.
    Yes 
    3. what's for lunch?
    I don't know, but I'm starving
    Any kind of fruit
    I'm not really into sweets or chips, but something smothered in blue cheese will make me happy.
    Photobucket
  • 1. what items do you recycle? If my neighbors weren't sucky, we'd recycle all glass, plastic, cardboard, paper, etc. But in our complex, people mix trash in with the recycling. So they won't take it.
    2. does your city have a curbside recycling program? It does.
    3. what's for lunch? Crap. I'm craving massive amounts of salt, so it's a Happy Meal today. Plus, I'm broke.
    4. absolute favorite healthy snack? Honey crisp apple.
    5. absolute favorite really bad for you food/snack? McDonald's fries.
    planning

• 1. what items do you recycle? we were doing cans and glass bottles, not sure at the new house
    2. does your city have a curbside recycling program? we had bins in the garage, not sure about at the new house
    3. what's for lunch? not sure yet, it's 2:30 AM here
    4. absolute favorite healthy snack? roasted almonds
    5. absolute favorite really bad for you food/snack? tough one.  One that I can make at home on a whim?  French fries with brown gravy (no cheese curd)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think it's cute how americans will be specific and say "brown gravy".  We don't have that problem since we only really use one colour of gravy.

Miss
    being healthy. blog.
    [QUOTE]
    1. what items do you recycle? <strong>Well, we seem to recycle plastic and carton these days.  </strong>

2. does your city have a curbside recycling program?  <strong>Our complex has an extensive grouping for recycling and garbage, so it's really easy.</strong>

3. what's for lunch?<strong> I think I had two pb&j sandwiches. 
    </strong>
    4. absolute favorite healthy snack?  <strong>Apples!</strong>

5. absolute favorite really bad for you food/snack?<strong>Sour cream and onion pringles.  Or doritos if they're available.</strong>
  • I clean out my peanut butter jars by soaking them for a couple of days with water, and then I use a bottle scrub brush to get the rest of the gunk out.  It's only for that purpose.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_poll-because-its-boring-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3f325378-4c8e-4408-860e-5a8ec5d6683cPost:c3ecd999-ea7e-4051-b717-fcc721440f97">Re: a poll. because it's boring in here.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think it's cute how americans will be specific and say "brown gravy".  We don't have that problem since we only really use one colour of gravy.

Oh come on.  You don't use chicken/turkey gravy?  or sausage gravy (milk gravy with crumbled sausage in it)?
  • No, I've never had a light coloured gravy!  Our chicken and turkey gravy still comes out a light brown colour. 

I want to try buscuits and gravy one day!

Miss
    being healthy. blog.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_poll-because-its-boring-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3f325378-4c8e-4408-860e-5a8ec5d6683cPost:14fd5e30-b71a-4dd8-ae84-0ede48ac7bf3">Re: a poll. because it's boring in here.</a>:
    [QUOTE] I want to try buscuits and gravy one day!

When made well, it is heaven on a plate.

I need to learn how to make biscuits because they aren't a food down here.  In OZ, biscuits are cookies.  So my ILs heard about biscuits and gravy in a movie or something and now want to try it.
  • 1. what items do you recycle? aluminum and plastic
    2. does your city have a curbside recycling program? Yes, but we live in a complex that has huge bins for recycling next to the dumpster.
    3. what's for lunch? FI and I went to Perkins with the FILs. I had a ham and cheese omelette.
    4. absolute favorite healthy snack? Strawberries and MacIntosh Apples.
    5. absolute favorite really bad for you food/snack?  Chips Ahoy.
  •  what items do you recycle? Cardboard, paper, cans...according to DH plastic bags from the grocery store. For some reason I just dont think they're recycable.

does your city have a curbside recycling program? 
    yes, and compost which is wonderful

what's for lunch?
    honeycombs.

absolute favorite healthy snack? popcorn without butter but with lots of hot sauce.  Is popcorn healthy?

absolute favorite really bad for you food/snack?
    uh...cheese, cheesies...oooh or these deep fried cheesecake things called Xangos. Omg, the best.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • 1. what items do you recycle? Bottles, cans, and cardboard.
    2. does your city have a curbside recycling program? Yes.
    3. what's for lunch? Oatmeal.  Late.
    4. absolute favorite healthy snack? Bananas.
    5. absolute favorite really bad for you food/snack? Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.
  • topchef33topchef33 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2010
    1. what items do you recycle? Plastic bottles, cans, cardboard boxes from cereal, side dishes, etc.
    2. does your city have a curbside recycling program? Yes
    3. what's for lunch? I ate soup
    4. absolute favorite healthy snack? I really love fruit, although I don't eat as much of it as I should.
    5. absolute favorite really bad for you food/snack? Fries and chips and dip

Anniversary [center]My Chart[/center] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm wicked late, but what the heck.

1. what items do you recycle? cardboard, cans, glass, paper
    2. does your city have a curbside recycling program? Yes
    3. what's for lunch? obviously late, but I had a turkey sandwich :)
    4. absolute favorite healthy snack? berries of any kind and pistachios
    5. absolute favorite really bad for you food/snack?  mozarella sticks...and I've been craving - and eating - them so much lately.  No es bien.
  • 1. what items do you recycle? Almost everything allowed

2. does your city have a curbside recycling program? yes

3. what's for lunch? English muffin with raspberry jam

4. absolute favorite healthy snack?  raw almonds

5. absolute favorite really bad for you food/snack?  bacon

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards