Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

I'm New!!

Hi everyone!
I'm newly engaged (beginning of January) and am excited to start planning my wedding!  I don't really have anything planned as of right now....my fiancé just found out that he is going to medical school in West Virginia in August, so that kind of screwed everything up!!  I'm still planning on having our wedding in Cincinnati, but it's going to have to be in June 2011 so that he can do some research after his first year at school.  Talk about stressful planning.  I think I'm going to be in Cincy for the remainder of this year and probably until we get married, but most of the planning will be done by me.  I need HELP!  Any ideas of venues to go and look at?  I'm thinking that there will be around 150 people max, $15000 budget for the entire wedding max.  I'm thinking somewhere that has an inside room for the reception, but has an outside area for the ceremony/cocktail hour.  Any ideas?! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I'm New!!

• Options
    edited December 2011

You might want to check out the Kingsgate Marriott. They have a inside ballroom and outside area as well that could be utilized for cocktail hour. Congratulations!

Get your Pregnancy Tickers

Baby Gender Predictor

• Options
    kelklumpkelklump member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had mine at the Bell Event Center - Indoor church for ceremony - beautiful outdoor space for cocktail hour and back inside for reception. Courtyard stays open for those who wander in and out

email me if you want pics. kelklump at gmail  - -we had a friday wedding and it was super affordable. I had 190 guests and did it way under 15k.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm having mine at the Nathaneal Greene Lodge in green township. It will be way under $15,000 for a Saturday wedding. They have an outdoor patio area with a trellis for the ceremony and their ballroom I think seats up to 220 people. They have information about their menus on their website, but I'm not sure it included prices. If you want more info, let me know and I'll e-mail you.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Have any of you looked at the Savannah Center by Union Center (off of 71)??  I'm trying to get info from the venue, but haven't heard anything yet and was wondering if anyone had used them before??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    tedfordk, page Christine.Louie.  She had her wedding at the Savannah Center and it was gorgeous.

Also, my fiance will also be going to medical school so that threw plans off for us, too, not to mention now we're both incomeless and have to pay for the wedding from our savings. :/  So I feel for you!
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    bjmartinbjmartin member
    edited December 2011
    Me and my fiance are planning to have our ceremony and reception at the madison in covington. there is no outdoor space but we absolutely fell in love when we toured the facility. And it's all inclusive many things are included in the price for the room. Also, consider having your wedding on a friday or sunday during the "off season" because that can save you a lot of money.
  • Options
    bjmartinbjmartin member
    edited December 2011
    Also, since food and beverage is usually the bulk of the wedding cost you may want to consider shrinking your guest list.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards