Retro and Vintage Weddings

My vintage/retro monogram - Opinions, please!

I made this 50's inspired monogram myself using some clipart, a cute font and MS paint. I am no graphic designer, and it's really low res, so it kind of looks pixelated, so I'm working on fixing that, but what do you think?
Please be super honest, because I'm a little clueless when it comes to this DIY design stuff.

image 141 Invited so far!
image 112 Are ready to party!
image 29 Will be missing out!
image 0 Are MIA!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: My vintage/retro monogram - Opinions, please!

• What are you using it for?
  • I'm not entirely sure yet. The biggest thing I think I want to use it on is our invitations.
    image 0 Are MIA!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love it by itself. But i dont know how it will look when on your invites and etc. I think that your invites will also have to be very playful. To me it would look extremely out of place on a pocketfold. Which is where i see tons a girls put their monogram. But as long as you keep up the theme it will look super cute!!!
  • edited January 2010
    I am so dead set against a pocketfold, I really love how they look, but I have this annoying gene where if something is trendy and everyone does it, I have to do something else. So I think I'm going to do something different, it involves ribbon, it's hard to explain, there's a PIB. I agree with you though...I'm debating removing the background and just having the stars?? I want a more whimsical feel, nothing too formal for me.
    image 0 Are MIA!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love it. If it were me, though, I would only use it for things at the reception, not on invitations.
    I am not doing monograms, only because I see no reason to. But that is my opinion. I like how they look, but what the hell am I going to use it for? It doesn't make sense for my wedding.
  • it reminds me of bewitched. :) i love it!!!! no suggestions on how to use it, though, im probably not doing a fancy monogram.

House Renovations
    Married Bio

I am a gluten-free, gun-toting wife! :P

I love you, Daddy...2/24/1953 to 2/13/2011image
  • love love love love love! kat, that's effing adorable. I LOVE it!
    Steph and Chris, 6/26/10
    Planned Executed
  • I think the center initial should be a bit larger and/or the side initials a bit smaller...maybe play with a different font for the center initial a bit to make it stand out more...

Overall, I think its very cute!  I love the color and it does look like Bewitched!
    Expecting Two Little Knuckleheads in June! BabyName TickerBabyName Ticker
  • [QUOTE]it reminds me of bewitched.
    Posted by GracefulMeadow86[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I was going to say!  It was my first thought when I saw it, and I actually gave a little giggle because it was so cute.

i love it exactly as it is--keep the stars!  But I agree with Tara--if it were me, I'd us it more at the reception than on the invites.

(ps.  I hate pocketfolds too *ahem*)
    Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • You girls are so sweet...I think I'm gonna use it on our programs, our centerpieces and maybe menu cards (If we do them) I tried it on our invites and I hate it, but I am gonna use a star like the one on the monogram. Thank you all for your input!!
    image 0 Are MIA!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards