Missouri-St Louis

St. Louis Zoo wedding

Has anyone either had their wedding or been to a wedding at the St. Louis zoo?  My fiance and I are looking into having our at the living world in the St. Louis Zoo, but we have heard good and bad.  Also, any thoughts on the food?

Re: St. Louis Zoo wedding

• edited December 2011
    My sister had her wedding in the Cafe at the Zoo.  The food was really good.  And warm.  One of the best wedding meals I have ever had that was a sit down. If you have been talking to Jason over there, he is great.  He was one of my mom and sisters favorite vendor to work with.  Good luck!
  • lnbenney1slnbenney1s member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been to one there.  It was really nice and the food was good.  The only downfall that I found was that the dance floor was off to the side and it wasn't the center of attention.  My friends and I are big into dancing so that matters to me.  But the outdoor part is really nice and there are so many fun places for pictures.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry for the late post...haven't been on in a while. My reception was at Lakeside at the zoo 5/15. Food was great...lots of compliments! Jason was super helpful, the staff that night were great. I'd definitely recommend!!
  • lkraus22lkraus22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm also considering getting married at the Zoo. I'm leaning more towards Cafe over Living World. I was also wondering about food, etc. Jason has seemed great so far. Any more information would be great!
  • lizabith2002lizabith2002 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Everyone!  I just booked the zoo for 7.9.11!!!  The food was great at the tasting and Jason has been great as well.  We decided on the living world...we didn't like the tile floors at the cafe. Also the dance floor is really unique at the living world if you have the table placed around the dance floor.  Good Luck :)
  • kteckleykteckley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does anyone know how quick the zoo books up?  I am looking at Fall 2011 and am worried it will be booked up.  I havent gotten a hold of Jason yet about availability.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards