African American Weddings

waxing....

ladies i am about to post a TMI

i'm going for my very first brazilian at 630 with one of my bm's and i am scared as all HECK

i wanted to do this before the new year and i wanted to get used to it so that when i need to do it for the wedding i wouldn't be scared

has anyone done it?

272image Invited
222image Accepted
50image Can't Hang
0 image Just won't be attending PERIOD
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: waxing....

• edited December 2011
    I haven't but my best friend gets on ALL the time. Drink a glass of wine to relax you before you go, that's what she used to do before she got used to it. Good luck!!
  • edited December 2011
    whew ok i will do just that lolol

272image Invited
    222image Accepted
    50image Can't Hang
    0 image Just won't be attending PERIOD
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good luck I tried a bikini wax once and in my opinion it was HORRIBLE.  WARNING, TMI:  Don't know if I got a bad employee or what, but I was bleeding (not profusely, but still) and sore/scabbed for days afterward.  I am now getting laser hair removal b/c I cannot deal with waxing! 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_waxing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:b64d2806-35fc-40fe-aedc-0a9420ac4f3cPost:2ea45ac2-225d-4190-a7a7-c3dde0b064e8">Re: waxing....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good luck I tried a bikini wax once and in my opinion it was HORRIBLE.  WARNING, TMI :  Don't know if I got a bad employee or what, but I was bleeding (not profusely, but still) and sore/scabbed for days afterward.  I am now getting laser hair removal b/c I cannot deal with waxing! 
    Posted by cincy2011[/QUOTE]

OUCH!!!
  • cincy2011cincy2011 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_waxing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:b64d2806-35fc-40fe-aedc-0a9420ac4f3cPost:8cde3a93-4120-4dd0-9ae9-1b62f6d75a2b">Re: waxing....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: waxing.... : OUCH!!!
    Posted by hisSparklett[/QUOTE]

Girlllll I was heated and so was FI when I showed him!  I should have reported that place...
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_waxing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:b64d2806-35fc-40fe-aedc-0a9420ac4f3cPost:49f0f669-db00-4511-ba63-1cfcc1060b81">Re: waxing....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: waxing.... : Girlllll I was heated and so was FI when I showed him!  I should have reported that place...
    Posted by cincy2011[/QUOTE]

I would have, it sounds like the employee did NOT know what they were doing.
  • sheshedukeshesheduke member
    edited December 2011
    Ohhhhh That sounds so painful I don't think I will be getting any of that done. I will continue trimming and keeping things nice and neat. Ohhhh That sounds like it hurts just thinking about it!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_waxing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:b64d2806-35fc-40fe-aedc-0a9420ac4f3cPost:88a405b5-02c6-4607-a8b9-e3f7009c8af9">Re: waxing....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ohhhhh That sounds so painful I don't think I will be getting any of that done. I will continue trimming and keeping things nice and neat. Ohhhh That sounds like it hurts just thinking about it!
    Posted by shesheduke[/QUOTE]

I am with She....I continue with what I've been doing so far. ...I had a friend get it done recently but she just said it felt weird...that was it.
  • edited December 2011
    When I went to Miami I set up an appt for one but chickened out..YIKES I just cant do it lol..I'll just keep shaving it all off with my "Woman clippers" lol...oohhh Sweet baby Jesus I just cant...smh...Good luck
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Wow I just had to cross my legs. I was just thinking about this today, and I think I will just keep doing what I am doing. SMH!!

• edited December 2011
    cincy - No way!!!!! Frown I had that happen to a friend when she got waxed down below for the first time. Apparently it can happen in some people. The problem is that you don't know if you fall into that category unless you actually have it done. I am so sorry. That sounds painful!!!

I love them... The less, the better. Like a newborn baby. LOL! And I hate to be the bearer of bad news...but it never gets any easier. You just become familiar with the feeling. I do suggest having a little drink first though.

Hope all went well.
  • edited December 2011
    As I'm reading, I'm flinching at the same time...lol. Sorry to those that have had bad experiences. I guess I will take my curiousity about brazilian wax & throw it out the window. I seriously considered it before, but no thank you! I'm good Smile.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I had planned to go to get mine done a couple of weeks before  the wedding. Please come back and tell how it went for you even though I know everyone is different.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards