Just Engaged and Proposals

Our Proposal

Now this is the god's honest truth: when I woke up the morning of July 4th, I though to myself, "Wouldn't it be amazing if Tom proposes today?" Throughout the morning I just had this strange feeling that he might, but I talked myself out of hoping for it because I didn't want to be disappointed.

We spent the day together, taking over 2 hours to chop up fruit for a fruit salsa (that's not an exaggeration) we would be bringing over his sister's house for dinner. We had dinner with his sister and brother-in-law, and then went to see the fireworks at a nearby park. While we were there, I kept thinking to myself "Maybe he is going to do it... why are Krista and Matt standing so far away from us?" But nothing happened. We left the park and headed back to his sister's house. I put the thought of a possible proposal out of my mind.

On the way back, we passed by this local bar. Krista said "We should get a drink." Without waiting for a reply, Matt pulled the car over and they asked Tom and I to save them a seat at the bar- they needed to go to an ATM. I was worried that Tom would be tired the next day if we stayed out too late, so as we approached the bar, I said, "Are you sure you want to do this?" He said "yes", and then grabbed my hand and stopped me. 

He continued, "You know... this is where we first met. Let's stop and reminisce for a second." At this point, my antennae went up- something good was about to happen! "From the very first moment I saw you, I knew you were special..." He continued talking, but to be quite honest, I couldn't even hear the words that were coming out of his mouth because I kept saying in my mind "OMG, OMG, OMG". The next thing I remember was him pulling a black box out of his pocket. Before he could even open it I began to jump up and down on the sidewalk out of excitement. He got on one knee, opened the box, and said "Will you marry me?" I think I stood there for a full minute galloping in place, grinning, and clapping my hands before I actually said yes! His sister and brother-in-law then pulled back up to us (they had been watching from a distance). They gave me the bouquet of sunflowers (one of my favorite types of flowers) and a bag of bridal magazines Tom had requested for me. We then went inside to the bar and had champagne to celebrate!

His proposal amazes me... I woke up with a feeling that it might be coming, and he STILL managed to catch me off guard. It didn't even occur to me that we had met at this particular bar. It was an absolutely perfect day... :)

Re: Our Proposal

• Aww! Congrats!!! :)
  • edited July 2012
    I just got chills... your story is very sweet. Thank you for sharing...

I know that the man I am with, while we have only been together for 6 months, is the man for me. He has said it too and has greatly encourged me to go ring shopping. I never thought I'd want to be married or meet someone who would make me want to take their last name. Your story  and personal were sweet, and while I know I will be getting engaged sometime soon I get tingles thinking of how he will do it! 

Congratulations! 
  • Congrats! I had a similar feeling that FI would propose on the day he did.
    Anniversary
  • That's awesome! :D Congrats!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Such a sweet story! I had a dream about my fiance proposing three nights before it happened! 
    255313_3528328290997_1532703995_n
    We say, "I do" on July 12, 2014.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
  • Congrats! That's such a sweet story. :)
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Congratulations!! Enjoy the wedding planning because it does fly by! Even your wedding day!!

I felt so guilty after my DH proposed. I couldn't tell you what he said right before he got down on one knee!!
    TTC #1 since June 2012
  • Congratulations! :)
  • Check out www. WeddingSalon.com! We produce luxury bridal shows throughout the country and will be having a show in NYC on November 5th, 2012! Its a great way to meet the TOP vendors of the area and get ideas for your upcoming wedding!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards