Illinois-Chicago

Flowers in Chicago

Hello ladies!  I know this has been asked a lot, but I guess I'm hoping to get more up-to-date repsonses and opinions.  Like all brides, or most brides, I am trying to do everything I can to keep the budget as low as possible and so I'm toying with a few different ideas.  We're not doing floral center pieces, or I may add some float flowers to the bowl with the floating candles.  What I do need is: bride's bouquet, 3-4 bridesmaid's bouquets (I haven't decided on my complete WP yet), groom's boutonniere,  5-7 other boutonniere's (WP and fathers), and 2 corsages for the mothers, +/- 6 other corsages/boutonniere's for the grandparents and for FSIL.

Here are the ideas that I am considering 
1.  DIYing the flowers.  Would this be too many flowers to DIY?
2.  Making the bouquets, but ordering the corsages/boutonniere's from a florist/grocery store.
3.  Going to a florist for the required flowers and getting the 6 extra corsages/boutonniere's from some place cheaper (Jewel or Dominicks) depending on price.
4.  Getting everything from a florist.

I'm looking for a bouquet that looks like this, possibly with more pink with smaller, but similar bouquets for the WP:

So, what are your thoughts and who would you recommend regarding a florist?  FYI, I'm looking to spend $500-$600 for that...

TIA

Wedding Countdown Ticker
My food blog!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
June 2012 September Siggy Challenge

Re: Flowers in Chicago

• amyb140amyb140 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My bouquet looked very, very similar to your photo - if I had any skills I would post a photo, but I don't!  It was made of pink and white peonies, hydrangea (cream and pale green), and garden roses.

I used Fleur in Logan Square.  Kelly was amazing!  My flowers were absolutely gorgeous.  If you're just doing personals, I think you could defintely use Fleur for $500-$600.
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Amy.  I'll look into them!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My food blog!
  • edited December 2011
    They have a $3000 minimum on Sat...

Any other thoughts or ideas on the OP?

TIA
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My food blog!
  • amyb140amyb140 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_flowers-chicago?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:f073ea63-e7c4-4c8f-a402-13d63fcd1733Post:a2982960-e735-4643-b7b0-6a2f43fa19a2">Re: Flowers in Chicago</a>:
    [QUOTE]They have a $3000 minimum on Sat... Any other thoughts or ideas on the OP? TIA
    Posted by motogrl13[/QUOTE]

We have worked with all kinds of budgets and do require a $3,000 minimum for Saturday weddings May through October. Out of season, Fridays and Sundays and <strong>for personals (bouquets and boutonnieres) we require no minimums.

</strong>I copied this from Fleur's site - I think you missed the part about personals.  I can assure you I spent nowhere close to $3K and my wedding was on a Saturday.
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Amy.  I did miss that, and I even double checked the website.  Agh!  I am going to contact them now because I've been rebuffed by another florist as well!  I may wind up having to go to the suburbs to fit within my budget.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My food blog!
  • amyb140amyb140 member
    edited December 2011
    Sure!  Let Kelly know I referred you (you can just say Amy & Jeff who got married July 9) - she and Caleb are both amazing designers.  I have a feeling she'll be happy to work with you.
    imageAnniversary
  • jg2eajg2ea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I interviewed five florists and Flowers By Color Chicago had the best prices. Mary is great, doesn't have a min.
  • edited December 2011
    Amy-will do!  I have an appointment with Caleb next week!  Thanks.

JG-Thanks!  I'll contact them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My food blog!
  • fashionxfashionx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Mary at Flowers by Color and she's great! A friend of mine used her for her wedding in May and she did a beautiful job, so I'm excited for my flowers for November. Her prices are great and she was willing to work with my lower budget too. She's in the near southwest burbs but travels to the city for weddings, so it shouldn't be a problem for you. I highly recommend her based on my meetings with her and how nice a job she did for my friend's wedding.
    Nov 2011 Brides - Fav Cocktail
    Pomegranate Margarita
  • edited December 2011
    I recommend Kristen at Kio Kreations or Natalie at ZuZu's Petals.  I think total for our flowers is $1,200 for everything.  I went with ZuZu's and they were very creative with using ceremony flowers at the reception to make it more cost-effective for us.
    Biorama
    September 2012 August Siggy Challenge ~ Wedding Preview
    185 image 116 image 69 image 0 image RSVP Date: August 10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards