Michigan-Detroit

MOB dress Help: where to go?!

Hi ladies,

My mom will be going with her sisters to look for her dress today. They're coming from the thumb area, so they usually stick to the Sterling Heights/Troy area. As long as it's not too far south, I think they'd be willing to travel further. What bridal stores do you recommend she visits?

She's looking at bridal stores because has a couple Adrianna Pappell dresses from Nordstrom's, but FI's mom had an opportunity to get her dress in Chicago, and it's a little more dressy than the dresses my mom has.

TIA! :)
~Bethany My Bio! Visit Lansing.Weddings.com image
9.10 Siggy Challenge: Fave Pic of FI & I. There are lots, but this one's good! :)image

Re: MOB dress Help: where to go?!

• Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011

There is a Nordstrom's Rack on Big Beaver, just off the Rochester Rd exit of I-75 (large strip mall to the west of Rochester Rd) that has a lot of elegant dresses for MOB, at a discount, multiple sizes & colors. Across the street on Big Beaver there is a Loehman's, also high end discounted dresses.

Before getting to Big Beaver, there is Great Lakes Crossing that has a Group USA store that has bridal attire, including BM and MOB dresses.

Also at Somerset, Nordstrom's and Macy's. I'd try the above stores before paying full price though.

Hope she finds something.
  • edited December 2011
    My mom got hers at JCPenny's, they had quite a few formal long and short dresses there. They were all much cheaper than some of the bridal stores she was looking at. There is a JC Penny's in Sterling Heights at Lakeside Mall.

She could also check out David's Bridal in the area too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • flamingtwig72flamingtwig72 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Somerset is a gold mine of formal dresses. There's Nordstrom, Neiman's, and Saks, as well as lots of boutiques that cater to older women like St. John's, Ralph Lauren...I'm blanking on the rest, but if you go to their website, there's a directory of stores.
  • shrades77shrades77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would actually send her to Arena Bridal (in Shelby Township) as well.  They have a large selection of bridesmaid dresses, and the dress my mom got was actually and off the shoulder BM dress - it was very elegant and looked great on her!

Other than that, I second Nordstrom, Saks, Neiman (if money is not an issue), and Demetrio's in Troy.
    **Rachel & Andy - 9.6.09**

Vendor Reviews l Pro Pic Preview image

• edited December 2011
    Thanks, ladies. My mom realized she was a little late to try a bridal store, but she found a couple dresses she really likes at Nordstrom's in Somerset.
    ~Bethany My Bio! Visit Lansing.Weddings.com image
    9.10 Siggy Challenge: Fave Pic of FI & I. There are lots, but this one's good! :)image
  • edited December 2011
    I'm no help on MOB dresses, but where did you find those shoes in your siggy?  They look really cute and comfortable - like exactly what I've been looking for!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards