African American Weddings

kim kardashian is getting a divorce?

I thought it was a rumor but I just read it a people magazine. I thought their marriage would have last @ least a year. Sadly, its ends after only 72 days.

Re: kim kardashian is getting a divorce?

• edited December 2011

I heard it too.. honestly, i am an optimistic realist.. i didnt see it lasting but i really hoped for the best. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker When you are in love you cant fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. ~ Dr Seuss
  • wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011

Wow that was quick. I haven't even had a chance to watch the wedding episode yet.  Guess there is no need now. lol.

That really sucks though, thought they would at least make it 6 -12 months.

• edited December 2011

I just read it too...not surprised at all but was hoping it would last. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    IKR! To be honest, I always doubted their relationship especially after seeing the show, but I thought it would've lasted a little longer than this. I find it funny, that this is being broadcasted just before Kourtney and Kim Take New York is about to premiere (very smart business woman!)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I was just coming to post about this.  I think there were alot of small things that they didn't talk about before they got married.  If you watch the show he didn't know that she had been married before until they started planning the wedding.  They really didn't have anywhere to live, they have been living with her family or in hotels since they wedding.  Her family didn't really like him. They weren't spending really anytime together.  It seems like they really didn't get to know each other and everything before they got married and they only did it for the fame.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_kim-kardashian-getting-divorce?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:022c251d-9880-4448-8105-94566d088396Post:87f5ac03-cf74-4300-972a-697c71048f1a">Re: kim kardashian is getting a divorce?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was just coming to post about this.  I think there were alot of small things that they didn't talk about before they got married.  If you watch the show he didn't know that she had been married before until they started planning the wedding.  <strong>They really didn't have anywhere to live, they have been living with her family or in hotels since they wedding.</strong>  Her family didn't really like him. They weren't spending really anytime together.  It seems like they really didn't get to know each other and everything before they got married and they only did it for the fame.
    Posted by flasweetheart[/QUOTE]

I read about that online and they talked about her and Kris living with her sister, nephew, and her bf during the filming of the NY show. Now with all that money, they couldn't have gotten a separate hotel suite during filming? Plus she had a house in Cali and he had one in Minnesota, so what was up with the "nowhere to live" stuff? Something just doesn't add up .... it's too bad though, they seemed like they were in love.  Too much emphasis on having a big, glitzy wedding though!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    What?!? I give up...smh
    Wedding Countdown Ticker www.derilandtekoah.com
  • edited December 2011
    I don't think they even tried to reconcile their issues. I feel like they are taking the easy way out. Why didn't they get counseling? I guess they don't understand the commitment of marriage. 
  • Sophia1913Sophia1913 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I want the 4 hours of my life back that  I spent watching her wedding!!!!!!Yell

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• edited December 2011
    I'm glad I didn't put money on it, because I would've bet for 2-3 years, tops. I'm really disappointed though. Like someone else said, they truly don't know what commitment means.

Marriage is more about commitment than even love (eros).  The feelings that we call love will change. If you're only married because of what you feel, you WILL end up getting a divorce because you're not guaranteed to always feel the way you feel right now.

It's sad that so many people don't get that.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_kim-kardashian-getting-divorce?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:022c251d-9880-4448-8105-94566d088396Post:95493db6-3ca5-4709-a98c-824686d0192d">Re: kim kardashian is getting a divorce?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I want the 4 hours of my life back that  I spent watching her wedding!!!!!!
    Posted by Sophia1913[/QUOTE]

So glad I only gave them 5 mins. Total bs with the whole family. The mom pimps her kids for ratings and $$$..

Get your Pregnancy Tickers

Baby Gender Predictor

• msapril0730msapril0730 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_kim-kardashian-getting-divorce?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:022c251d-9880-4448-8105-94566d088396Post:b8ab36c7-58bd-498f-b83a-66a809b095c2">Re: kim kardashian is getting a divorce?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: kim kardashian is getting a divorce? : So glad I only gave them 5 mins. <strong>Total bs with the whole family. The mom pimps her kids for ratings and $$$..
    </strong>Posted by mahoganieyes[/QUOTE]

I agree!! I thought they would have lasted atleast a year too. I also thought he was crazy to marry her after she basically made it know she was a gold digger in one of there conversations. I hope her family paid for that wedding
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I read earlier that neither family put out a single penny for the wedding. Everything was donated (as a type of product placement, I'm sure) by the vendors.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_kim-kardashian-getting-divorce?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:022c251d-9880-4448-8105-94566d088396Post:97172d35-0029-434e-a7a9-f1a99f94cbec">Re: kim kardashian is getting a divorce?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I read earlier that neither family put out a single penny for the wedding. Everything was donated (as a type of product placement, I'm sure).
    Posted by teamUS2012[/QUOTE]

See, this is just wrong, but I wouldn't doubt it.

Here is a comment that she gave E!:
    "I hope everyone understands this was not an easy decision," she says in a statement to <a href="http://<a href=">www.eonline.com/news/its_over_kim_kardashian_files_divorce/272506</a>" target="_blank"><font color="#067ab4">E!</font></a>, which airs her reality shows. "I had hoped this marriage was forever, but sometimes things don't work out as planned. We remain friends and wish each other the best."

Not an easy decision? You've been married for 72 days...how long did you really think about it?!

Honestly, I hope this was a 'for TV' type sham, because if for some chance in hell it was for real and its ending after 72 days of much thought, she's a lot dumber than I originally thought she was.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • MrsSmith2Be02MrsSmith2Be02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is so true! The institution of marriage is so watered down these days its sickening.

I think a lot of it is about compromise and I don't think the Kardashian girls know much about that. They have always gotten what they wanted when they wanted and Kris was really about love, honesty, and the bare necessities. To me he seemed like a very considerate guy. The part that ticked me off in the show was when Kris Kardashian got the cars for the entire family but didn't even consider his family. That was so classless.
    image180 Made the cut!
    image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
    image 7 Found something else to do
    image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image
  • edited December 2011
    OH MY GOODNESS!!! I was coming here to post about this!! I cant believe it... I feel blindsided too!! I mean gosh!!! I was hoping for them!!! I know she has her issues and stuff but I didnt think it was all a sham.... that is a shame! I feel bad for the vendors that paid for all this stuff... I wonder was he in it for real?

she said she wanted to be married by 30 and I guess she was.....I dont know how they didnt have a place to live!! If I can get an apartment.. I KNOW she can
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Speaking of being blindsided.... Kris Humphries just said that he was "blindsided" by the news of the divorce, which he found out about through TMZ.com.
  • empeguesempegues member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just think that is an absolute shame.  They went through all of that just to crumble stepping out of the gate.  They certainly weren't meant to be together if they couldn't hold it together after their first "trial". 

On a side note, I have to say I'm not surprised... when I saw her tell Kris "who gave you the right to be late to our registry appointment?"  and then when she made decisions on their wedding with her mother instead of him, I knew it was a wrap. 

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_kim-kardashian-getting-divorce?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:022c251d-9880-4448-8105-94566d088396Post:9d759dc4-9714-484b-aa6a-d0f4e554774d">Re: kim kardashian is getting a divorce?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Speaking of being blindsided.... <strong>Kris Humphries just said that he was "blindsided" by the news of the divorce, which he found out about through TMZ.com.
    </strong>Posted by teamUS2012[/QUOTE]

are you SERIOUS!
    omg. how sad is it that the rest of the world knew you were getting a divorce before the person you are married to.   smh..
    im sorry. getting married isnt a trip to disney world. this isnt some "been there, done that, got the t-shirt and the keychain"  situation.  TO ME anyway it isnt.  She should have at least had the decency to talk to him first. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker When you are in love you cant fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. ~ Dr Seuss
  • MrsSmith2Be02MrsSmith2Be02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's real cowardly. So sad. See, its when women do messed up stuff like that it ruins it for the next one. That's pitiful!
    image180 Made the cut!
    image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
    image 7 Found something else to do
    image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image
  • edited December 2011
    I'm still hoping its a hoax! There's no way a person can say they tried to make things work after 72 days of marriage and decide to call it quits! People have no respect for marriage these day. Damn shame!
    Anniversary BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    It's not a hoax. Kim issued a statement and so did Kris. Might be an early April fool's joke, but it's definitely not a hoax.
  • edited December 2011
    I really believe this whole thing was for tv. Because like some of you said, Kris didn't even know that Kim was married before. I'm sure they didnt do pre-marital counseling and we know they didnt do counseling to deal with their "irreconcilible differences". She definitely took the easy way out and could have at least had the decency to tell Kris first before going to file papers. I mean really, Kris shouldn't have had to find out through a TMZ report. Smh
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Okay, the curiosity was killing me and I bought the US magazine that has her on the cover saying "ENOUGH".

Friends of the family said the KK was getting tired of Kris not having a job. He is a free agent with no prospects. When she would go to work he was no tworking out or practicing or working on signing with another team. She found out he had been partying with friends and enjoying the VIP treatment.
    Friends said she was tired of being a sugar mamma and he turned down all her ideas of trying to find work. 

I'm not saying this is a good enough reason to file divorce. She vowed for better or worse but she seems very selfish and if a guy is not pulling his weight I can see her kicking him to the curb. She probably compared him to Reggie Bush and thought she had made a big mistake.

Either way, I feel sorry for them  and their families. 
    Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • prncszprncsz member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just can't believe it after 72 days. Like I posted on one of my friend's FB statuses she wanted a WEDDING not a MARRIAGE! At 72 days they should have at least still been in the honeymoon phase (can't keep your hands off each other etc) as others mentioned they should have gotten a separate hotel room or something during the filming of the Take New York Show. I also thought it would a least last for a year. You definitely did not try to make it work calling it quits this early.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PersonalMilestone Photobucket
  • hatroopeshatroopes member
    edited December 2011
    WOW! I knew it wasn't going to last, but I was hoping for the best for them. I saw the special and she put a lot of thought into planning the wedding, but no work into the relationship...so sad and another statistic smh
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_kim-kardashian-getting-divorce?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:022c251d-9880-4448-8105-94566d088396Post:79ad14dd-e081-4a94-bc24-db0bbbca7073">Re: kim kardashian is getting a divorce?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Okay, the curiosity was killing me and I bought the US magazine that has her on the cover saying "ENOUGH". Friends of the family said the KK was getting tired of Kris not having a job. He is a free agent with no prospects. When she would go to work he was not working out or practicing or working on signing with another team. She found out he had been partying with friends and enjoying the VIP treatment. <strong>Friends said she was tired of being a sugar mamma and he turned down all her ideas of trying to find work. </strong> I'm not saying this is a good enough reason to file divorce. She vowed for better or worse but she seems very selfish and if a guy is not pulling his weight I can see her kicking him to the curb. She probably compared him to Reggie Bush and thought she had made a big mistake. Either way, I feel sorry for them  and their families. 
    Posted by Carla1019[/QUOTE]

She was his sugar momma from day one!! Why she trippin on day 72? I say she was trying to be like her sister and get herself a Lamar! But it didnt work out!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I guess I'm a grumpy old lady but I'm honestly surprised this lasted 72 days.  Especially when it broke earlier this week, that the producers of her show had been shopping around for a NY athlete to date Kim for the show. Poor simple Kris was the only one who took the bait...he wasn't even 1st or 2nd choice!  IMO, the entire wedding/relationship was just for television/money making anyway. They made approximately 17 million dollars off that wedding. Considering that they paid for none of it...well it's not a bad haul for 4 hours of work.  If he's got any sense, he'll hire a good PR team because they are going to try and smear him to make Kim look good. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_kim-kardashian-getting-divorce?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:022c251d-9880-4448-8105-94566d088396Post:b8ab36c7-58bd-498f-b83a-66a809b095c2">Re: kim kardashian is getting a divorce?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: kim kardashian is getting a divorce? : So glad I only gave them 5 mins. Total bs with the whole family. The mom pimps her kids for ratings and $$$..
    Posted by mahoganieyes[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>yea... I heard it was all orchestred by the mother and E!... so sad, their reality isnt even reality</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Follow Me on Pinterest BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_kim-kardashian-getting-divorce?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:022c251d-9880-4448-8105-94566d088396Post:e7a26055-2304-432b-9192-dc65c1140fe8">Re: kim kardashian is getting a divorce?</a>:
    [QUOTE]That is so true! The institution of marriage is so watered down these days its sickening. I think a lot of it is about compromise and I don't think the Kardashian girls know much about that. They have always gotten what they wanted when they wanted and Kris was really about love, honesty, and the bare necessities. To me he seemed like a very considerate guy. <strong>The part that ticked me off in the show was when Kris Kardashian got the cars for the entire family but didn't even consider his family. That was so classless.</strong>
    Posted by MrsSmith2Be02[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div><strong><u>AGREED!!</u></strong></div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Follow Me on Pinterest BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards