Hawaii

Maui Music Duo/Trio & DJs

Hi Knotties!

It's been awhile - do you ever feel like your job consumes your life sometimes? Trying to plan a wedding in addition can be tough.

Does anyone have any good recommendations for duo/trios for music for a cocktail hour? We love deep male voices and ukeleles! What about DJs?

Would love to hear your experiences :D Thankies!!

Re: Maui Music Duo/Trio & DJs

• carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, if you want a deep male voice I can't help, but Erin Smith, who's a femal singer/guitar player, was a fantastic accompaniment to our welcome dinner.  She often plays one day a week during happy hour at the Tiki Lounge, including (serendipitously) on the day we were there, and our guests commented about how upbeat and enjoyable her music was.

You can hear her singing "Kihei Town" here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bMMuabB3WQ&feature=related

She's the lead singer of local Maui band The Throwdowns (whose album I'm about to buy!), so she may be busy with the band, but if I could hire her for an event, I'd jump at the chance.  You can probably reach her through the band's facebook page.
  • motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    While looking for wedding coordinators, I was talking with Lori Lawrence over at Tropical Maui Weddings and she mentioned that her husband Jaime is a singer that does weddings.  Perhaps you could go over to their site and take a gander at what he sounds like and if you like him you can always contact them.
  • edited December 2011
    We interviewed about 10 DJs on the island :)  Let me know if you want any notes from our meetings.  We chose DJ Dan (Viola) and he was fantastic.  Low key, happy to help in any way we needed, and just excellent execution.  We got multiple compliments on how he did a great job MCing / keeping the night moving without drawing too much attention to himself.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_maui-music-duotrio-djs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:d10a506c-b71f-45a7-ab46-89de588ca5c7Post:8d2e601d-7b51-480b-9123-ce6f708447e5">Re: Maui Music Duo/Trio & DJs</a>:
    [QUOTE]We interviewed about 10 DJs on the island :)  Let me know if you want any notes from our meetings.  We chose DJ Dan (Viola) and he was fantastic.  Low key, happy to help in any way we needed, and just excellent execution.  We got multiple compliments on how he did a great job MCing / keeping the night moving without drawing too much attention to himself.
    Posted by Tanq&Tonic[/QUOTE]

<div>Hi Tanq&Tonic! I am still looking for a DJ. Do you have DJ Dan's contact info or any additional info/notes from your interviews?  Thanks!</div>
  • edited December 2011
    Absolutely...can you PM me an email address?  The notes are all in email.  Here's Dan's info:

Dan Viola (aka DJ Dan)
    DViola1234@aol.com
  • deerbridedeerbride member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We will probably use Gene and Shea Argel, a father and son musical duo. They are more jazzy/bluesy. I know Shea can play guitar, not sure about ukulele. http://www.argelmusic.com/
  • CasSwanCasSwan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DJ Dan is great! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards