Not Engaged Yet

Weekend Update

13»

Re: Weekend Update

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_weekend-update-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:ec441e07-6743-400d-8384-054b9f7633c1Post:f5f68305-d568-4076-acae-7305b8f92aab">Re: Weekend Update</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weekend Update : Love sweet potato rolls and avocado rolls.  I also don't eat fish and still love getting sushi.
    Posted by lovelyheather[/QUOTE]

Me too. it's also a japanese food place so the have some good tofu and vegetable tempura. Suddenly the lunch I'll be eating soon doesn't seem as appealing.

Anniversary

• Morning ladies. I'm home sick from work today. My stomach is not feeling well as of last night so I am trying tgo take it easy today.

Friday night BF got us take out and we watched a movie, drank wine and relaxed.

Saturday night BF and I went out with some friends to the Cinnebar. A couple of our other friends were supposed to go but, they ditched us. :( I just can't stand when people make stupid excuses and cannot be accountable for their actions. If you don't want to hang out with us, then just say so. No need to beat around the bush.

Yesterday BF and I went grocery shopping and went to Target. I ended up spending too much money as usual but, I get my tax return this week! I think this may be one of the last years I get a "big" return so I might spoil myself a little bit.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_weekend-update-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:ec441e07-6743-400d-8384-054b9f7633c1Post:8d151a3c-fa75-43ac-9fd3-ccc6890a9bfd">Re: Weekend Update</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weekend Update : Me too. it's also a japanese food place so the have some good tofu and vegetable tempura. Suddenly the lunch I'll be eating soon doesn't seem as appealing.
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

Have you had inarizushi before? I love the texture of the tofu pouches.

• My weekend was pretty quiet, made dinner for a friend and his kids Friday night, which was nice. I then went home, drugged myself with NyQuil which lasted until 6am- then I dosed myself again and slept until 11am- it was wonderful. This pattern repeated itself Saturday night. Saturday I went and played mini golf with my cohabitants- which also included roommates GF. FI and I won, which means they are cooking us dinner one night. Sunday was laundry and sleeping. I am feeling soooo much better today!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_weekend-update-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:ec441e07-6743-400d-8384-054b9f7633c1Post:bc92bc4a-7311-4a55-95d6-8edd8a57e9d4">Re: Weekend Update</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weekend Update : Have you had inarizushi before? I love the texture of the tofu pouches.
    Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]

No I haven't, what is it exactly?

Anniversary

• rdr, still catching up on the rest of this giant morning thread, BUT we're looking at 3 venues this week.  We have 2 more we'd like to see that we're waiting on call backs.  That's the minimum.  If we don't like those, we're seeing more.

We're picky :)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Now I want sushi. Danser, have you tried shiitake maki (mushroom rolls)? Those are good!

I had dance rehearsal Friday night (our show is in just under a month).
    Saturday was the weekly house hunting trip. One was okay but over budget.
    Saturday night was my friend's birthday dinner followed by going to the trampoline place.
    Sunday we went to lunch and then went for a bike ride.

And after all of that, my legs don't want to move today.
  • Hummingbird, is there a learning/tutoring center place near you?  I think you're at a college, but the tutoring center I work at does "homework support" and we've had several college students in from biology to english and math.  You might be able to get all three students in at once :)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_weekend-update-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ec441e07-6743-400d-8384-054b9f7633c1Post:8ae9dc7c-41fa-4f3e-a472-7ac29ffc0d7b">Re: Weekend Update</a>:
    [QUOTE]rdr, still catching up on the rest of this giant morning thread, BUT we're looking at 3 venues this week.  We have 2 more we'd like to see that we're waiting on call backs.  That's the minimum.  If we don't like those, we're seeing more. We're picky :)
    Posted by Blue & White[/QUOTE]

<div>We were kind of picky too. NJ has a ton of "wedding factories" which is not what we wanted at all. It was hard finding a place that was "us". BE PICKY!</div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_weekend-update-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:ec441e07-6743-400d-8384-054b9f7633c1Post:8d410ace-f558-44f3-87a4-f982aa2440cb">Re: Weekend Update</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weekend Update : No I haven't, what is it exactly?
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

It's a 'bean curd skin' that's lightly sweetened. Here's a recipe with pictures: <a href="http://justonecookbook.com/blog/recipes/inarizushi/" rel="nofollow">http://justonecookbook.com/blog/recipes/inarizushi/</a>

Sushi rice has sugar in it, but the sweetness of the inari is different than the sweetness of the rice. It's so good!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_weekend-update-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ec441e07-6743-400d-8384-054b9f7633c1Post:2ce9573b-e314-43a2-a6d8-6e21b14e05d9">Re: Weekend Update</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weekend Update : We were kind of picky too. NJ has a ton of "wedding factories" which is not what we wanted at all. It was hard finding a place that was "us". BE PICKY!
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

My cousin is getting married in the ski resorts in upstate NJ (can I even call it that?  I'm from Bergen county, but I mean more like...Sussex?)...the hotel rooms cost $275+ a night that weekend.

I am NOT happy.  Do you not even think about your guests?  I'm driving 10 hours to this wedding, and I'm sure as heck not spending more on the hotel room than on your gift.

So I guess I'm looking for a place that will of course be gorgeous in pictures, with good food, and with or near reasonable lodging for my guests.  And parking fees?  Aren't going to fly.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_weekend-update-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ec441e07-6743-400d-8384-054b9f7633c1Post:ee1881f9-0829-422c-8743-f2e20976f3a0">Re: Weekend Update</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hummingbird, is there a learning/tutoring center place near you?  I think you're at a college, but the tutoring center I work at does "homework support" and we've had several college students in from biology to english and math.  You might be able to get all three students in at once :)
    Posted by Blue & White[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I actually work for a tutoring company (for high school students), and part of my job is to match up students with our tutors. Unfortunately some pople are very specific as far as the age/gender they want for a tutor, so that makes my job tough at times. I can't go outside the company. Thanks for trying to help though!

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_weekend-update-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ec441e07-6743-400d-8384-054b9f7633c1Post:1006e920-27fb-462d-af71-04695a17a3f6">Re: Weekend Update</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weekend Update : I actually work for a tutoring company (for high school students), and part of my job is to match up students with our tutors. Unfortunately some pople are very specific as far as the age/gender they want for a tutor, so that makes my job tough at times. I can't go outside the company. Thanks for trying to help though!
    Posted by Hummingbird125[/QUOTE]

That's crazy.  I didn't know that gender of the tutor mattered when evaluating their effectiveness :)  Then again, I also don't care what gender my gynecologist is.  So apparently I just don't perceive "gender" as an attribute or failure.

Good luck! :)
  • I worked this weekend, but I have a day off today. Tomorrow I have a meeting with my manager and our district manager to discuss what my role will be at the store since I am kind of in limbo.Today, I am going to lunch with Josh and my grandparents. Josh and I might also start a registry while we are at the mall later today. 
    "You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." -Ray Bradbury 
  • Still- that recipe looks so good.  I'll have to look and see if the japanese restaurant by us has that next time. 

leia- Shittake maki sounds awesome I love mushrooms.  I've never seen it on the menu or at least I didn't notice it.  I will have to look next time..

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_weekend-update-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ec441e07-6743-400d-8384-054b9f7633c1Post:a283da77-75f9-4c0f-a81a-8347034534d0">Re: Weekend Update</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weekend Update : My cousin is getting married in the ski resorts in upstate NJ (can I even call it that?  I'm from Bergen county, but I mean more like...Sussex?)...the hotel rooms cost $275+ a night that weekend. I am NOT happy.  Do you not even think about your guests?  I'm driving 10 hours to this wedding, and I'm sure as heck not spending more on the hotel room than on your gift. So I guess I'm looking for a place that will of course be gorgeous in pictures, with good food, and with or near reasonable lodging for my guests.  And parking fees?  Aren't going to fly.
    Posted by Blue & White[/QUOTE]

<div>Is it Big Bear? Or Crystal Springs? We fell in love with Big Bear, it was our #1 choice but when I found out the cost of the hotel rooms and that there were no other options we decided against it. It would have saved us a ton of $$ on the actual wedding but I couldn't make my guests pay that much for a room for the night. </div>

• Update: The vet called us back and said that they can be pretty sure the stool sample we brought in was from a dog - so there goes my theory that we accidentally picked up some stray cat or 'coon droppings. Oh well. I can't believe my baby has worms and parasites! The dog park we bring her to is very clean - everyone picks up after their dogs. However she does ocasionally drink from the shared water bowls there before I can stop her, and also drinks from puddles sometimes too (again, before I can stop her). Maybe that's what it's from? Ugh. I feel bad for her even though she seems fine :-(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_weekend-update-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:ec441e07-6743-400d-8384-054b9f7633c1Post:45070af0-afbe-4125-b8cd-5f48bac61891">Re: Weekend Update</a>:
    [QUOTE]Update: The vet called us back and said that they can be pretty sure the stool sample we brought in was from a dog - so there goes my theory that we accidentally picked up some stray cat or 'coon droppings. Oh well. I can't believe my baby has worms and parasites! The dog park we bring her to is very clean - everyone picks up after their dogs. However she does ocasionally drink from the shared water bowls there before I can stop her, and also drinks from puddles sometimes too (again, before I can stop her). Maybe that's what it's from? Ugh. I feel bad for her even though she seems fine :-(
    Posted by Hummingbird125[/QUOTE]

Don't feel bad.  How old is she?  When Rajah was a pup (until about 1.5 years) he caught EVERYTHING.  Worms, parasites, pneumonia (a week and a half at the vet hospital = a lot of money and stress)...you name it.  They grow out of it usually as their immune systems get stronger.  I only took Rajah to a great, clean dog park and dog daycare.  That said, even the most careful dog owner can have to go through this so don't beat yourself up. 
  • It might be crystal springs? My mom knows haha. But yea that's gonna be a really expensive wedding that I have to go to : it'll be fun, but holy moly, pay for my room? :
  • cuteslothscutesloths member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2013
    friday - we went to Target after work and perused because we have no social life (i worked at Target for 4 years -- still obsessed). bought game of thrones s2.
    saturday - went to the zoo. saw lots of cute: wallabys, penguins, goats, elephants and etc <3 .. no sloths though.   then got a pedi, and a hair cut.  later celebrated national margarita day a day late with another couple and drank myself into oblivion.
    sunday - bought too many girlscout cookies at publix.  they have those credit card swipers on their phones now.  so dangerous. played grand theft auto 4 all day ...

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_weekend-update-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:ec441e07-6743-400d-8384-054b9f7633c1Post:95af5055-ba3a-4ab9-91db-587990cc41e1">Re: Weekend Update</a>:
    [QUOTE]friday - we went to Target after work and pursued because we have no social life (i worked at Target for 4 years -- still obsessed). bought game of thrones s2. saturday - went to the zoo. saw lots of cute: wallabys, penguins, goats, elephants and etc <3 .. no sloths though.   then got a pedi, and a hair cut.  later celebrated national margarita day a day late with another couple and drank myself into oblivion. sunday - bought too many girlscout cookies at publix.  they have those credit card swipers on their phones now.  so dangerous. played grand theft auto 4 all day ...
    Posted by cutesloths[/QUOTE]

Pretty pictures!

Sloths freak me out though.
  • Rdr- You look so beautiful in your dress.  I love it!

My weekend was good.  Our friend from Taiwan visited us so we engaged him in a fierce game of Hand and Foot.  On Saturday we went to Lake Tahoe which was cold but fun and beautiful.  

Sunday we went to Old Sac which was cool but I was so tired by the time he left.  I'm so exhausted!  We had a great visit though. We introduced him to In and Out Burgers.  Now he has experienced the true West Coast.  

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards