December 2012 Weddings

Honeymoon problem

We're getting married on December 22nd... and we've run into a huge problem planning our Honeymoon at that time! We were looking for something warm and with a beach, but it turns out this is Holiday season in the Caribbean and prices are ridiculous! 

I'd love to be able to postpone the honeymoon, but I have my last semester of Grad school starting in January and I wouldn't be able to go anywhere until June. =(

Anybody else run into this? How are you getting around it?

Re: Honeymoon problem

• We have the same wedding day!!! :) We are going to the Atlantis in the Bahamas. We havent made reservations yet because they don't take them this far in advance bit if you book early its cheaper. There is no way to really get around it other than to change the location or go to a cheaper resort. Im in the same issue you are with school but I'm still in undergrad, and graduate next May.
    "Love and electricity are one in the same my dear if you don't feel the jolt in your soul every time a kiss is shared, a whisper is spoken and a touch is felt then you're not really in love at all" Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You can always postpone the HM.  I'm graduating nursing school in Decemeber  and we are waiting until May to take ours. It will be just as special and romantic if you wait!
  • I'm a December 22 bride too! Yeah, honeymoon prices are outrageous!!

FI is planning our honeymoon and won't tell me anything other than we need our passport and that we're spending $3k. I know our honeymoon was cut shorter than what we would've liked because of the cost. For $3k I'm assuming we're going on a cruise.

Honestly, if you don't want to postpone the honeymoon, then just bite the bullet and book where you want. This is a once in a lifetime trip! We aren't thrilled that we're spending more and getting a bit less but we don't mind because our date is so important to us!

Best of luck!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • You could go on spring break. We're getting married on 12.12 and planning to take our honeymoon around Valentine's day.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • We're getting married 12/16 and are postponing the honeymoon until spring break (we're both teachers, so for us it fall 3/08)
    SoFla December Siggy: Our favorite Holiday pic=Christmas 2011, 3 days after we got engaged 7E8C9975-2584-46D6-9348-98F987844629-655-00000022C95C02AF magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
    Free Disney Tickers https://apps.facebook.com/Disney-Weddings/sites/theprincessandthegator
  • We are date twins! My FI and I ran into this exact problem when we started looking for hotel options for our honeymoon. I ended up having to do a ton of extra leg work to find a place I like that also had availability for the dates we wanted. We booked the honeymoon and flights already and since checking back, the prices are already going up even further. We didn't want to put off the honeymoon even if it meant having to budget a little more money to get the honeymoon we wanted. We are going to Costa Rica and staying at this hotel: http://www.hiltonpapagayoresort.com/en/home.html
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_december-2012-weddings_honeymoon-problem?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:165a14a2-af2b-4bfc-bce4-0a4d9e0ba45bDiscussion:bfd33db4-7adf-4f32-843b-352982cb1373Post:dd2ecd47-044b-4be4-89c2-0c893666b9e5">Re: Honeymoon problem</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are date twins! My FI and I ran into this exact problem when we started looking for hotel options for our honeymoon. I ended up having to do a ton of extra leg work to find a place I like that also had availability for the dates we wanted. We booked the honeymoon and flights already and since checking back, the prices are already going up even further. We didn't want to put off the honeymoon even if it meant having to budget a little more money to get the honeymoon we wanted. We are going to Costa Rica and staying at this hotel:  <a href="http://www.hiltonpapagayoresort.com/en/home.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.hiltonpapagayoresort.com/en/home.html</a>
    Posted by angelaac8706[/QUOTE]

That hotel is beautiful! Are you guys going right after the wedding or taking some time inbetween?
  • Hi, we have to postpone our HM :(

I'm graduating nursing school the same month we are getting married, so we are waiting until the end of May to go to Hawaii.

I don't think it's too big of a deal, a lot of people these days have to postpone. Plus, it will give me time to plan more and shop for cute clothes to wear. Come December, I will be ALL about the wedding!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_december-2012-weddings_honeymoon-problem?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:165a14a2-af2b-4bfc-bce4-0a4d9e0ba45bDiscussion:bfd33db4-7adf-4f32-843b-352982cb1373Post:ea250f53-aee2-41a5-9c40-5a3748caa1dd">Re: Honeymoon problem</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Honeymoon problem : That hotel is beautiful! Are you guys going right after the wedding or taking some time inbetween?
    Posted by thurmanpowell[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks! We are going just a couple days after the wedding. We will be there December 26-Jan 1st. We live in Kansas and the wedding is in Ohio. After the wedding, we are driving back to Kansas with our gifts and what not, then leaving from Kansas. We are so excited! </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddingchannel.com/main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_december-2012-weddings_honeymoon-problem?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:165a14a2-af2b-4bfc-bce4-0a4d9e0ba45bDiscussion:bfd33db4-7adf-4f32-843b-352982cb1373Post:8846b33d-dff7-4443-96ce-fe32448eac9c">Honeymoon problem</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're getting married on December 22nd... and we've run into a huge problem planning our Honeymoon at that time! We were looking for something warm and with a beach, but it turns out this is Holiday season in the Caribbean and prices are ridiculous!  I'd love to be able to postpone the honeymoon, but I have my last semester of Grad school starting in January and I wouldn't be able to go anywhere until June. =( Anybody else run into this? How are you getting around it?
    Posted by thurmanpowell[/QUOTE]
    In this care it is always good to use a travel agent.  Through their portals they have<div>many offers you don't see online.  Let me know if you need help: TilaTravel@gmail.com</div><div>htt://tilatravel.mytqsite.com</div><div>Send me your dates and preferences! (:</div>
  • Have you thought about maybe doing a cruise?? It's a little bit cheaper than flying into a tropical location? I am getting married in St. Thomas 12/18/12. We had to book early to get the best deals. Good luck I am sure you will figure it out!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • CARIBBEAN HAS 7 DAY CRUISES FOR 349 PERSON WITH A BALCONY VIEW....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards